+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canada Trip

Not only did I make my own Intens-O-fire., a friend and myself have made just about every one that is out there. There have been a few that were made in Canada either by Maple Pro or Dallaire but the rest have been made by us. I would like to think that they are the best woodfired evaporator out there but I probably am a little prejudiced.
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

I'll let you know how prejudiced you are by the middle of march. LOL.
    Ryan

-Dallaire 2 1/2 x 8 raised flue w/ pre-heater and hood, and forced draft arch
    -Lapierre RO
    -JD 4520 compact 4x4
    -2007 Suzuki Eiger 400, 4x4
    http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/MapleManVT/

Maple Hill Sugarhouse Guest

First thing firsts- Check with your Mummy and see if you can get permission to go with the guys for the weekend? Yes guys night out remember that way back when??(Before you were hitched)..

What is the exact weekend this is going to take place ?... NO i don't need my permission slip signed

I heard it's next Jan. 1 2008 if traveling by vehicle that you will start to need a Passport for re-entry back into the USA. By air started this Jan. 1...

Funny thing was back in 96' when Colin Christie organized the trip to Lapierre's they(Sugarmakers in canada) were complaining about their land lease price that the Canadian goverment was charging them like $15 a hectar= about 2.5 US acre's probably about a nickle a tap 8O 8O and they were madder then the Devil that they were going to go up to like $18..As like 802maple says you can just about reach out and touch the trees there so close/Not much sugarbush management i'd say. Tree Dia was small.

Got a flyer in the mail today from the USPS so Passport info= usps.com/passport

HanginAround Guest

No passport required by land untill next year, but make sure you have picture ID (driver's licence is fine), and proof of citizenship (birth certificate normally, or immigration papers if you're a landed immigrant, etc.). Like the others said, no weapons, including pepper spray or mace as they are restricted in Canada (check your car over BEFORE you get there if there is a chance of something forgotten under the seat or somewhere). Also, possession of radar detectors is illegal, and you will lose it as well as get a fine of you are caught.

Jerry-

Those are two important words, but there are others that will help for sure.

I'm a little rusty but it usually comes back to me.

I was the hey... tell her this... guy when we use to hit the night clubs in roberval and st. felicien, during our annual fishing trip up there.

I don't think we'd be doing much of that stuff though.

You know Ryan, I may have not given up all my secrets.LOL

Maplehill I am going to try to put it in as fast as I can behind our season It will be more of a seat of the pants trip, because I don't know how long we will be sugaring. Even though we are about to melt this earth with global warming some us occassionally still make syrup until the middle to late April. Then we will have about a week to 2 weeks to get it in until they are done. Just have to wait and see. When we have a better idea as what is happening in our season, I will be asking around to see if anybody is still interested.
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

Thumbs up canada trip

802 count me in . let me know a week before. there`s always something to learn from those guys, even though their french.
    TWO OLDS SAPS SUGAR WORKS
    with a little help from our freinds
    2300 on vac,5x14 grimm lighting,pre heater,900 gph ro www.twooldsaps.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234