+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bulk Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by CBOYER View Post
    USA try this in 1812, and were kick-*** out of here... and after we burn the White house, thats why you will never try again... Canada's Rules...
    actually, it was the British that burned the white house. It was "in part" retaliation for the American raid of port Dover in canada. Which America won and destroyed the port. But don't worry, we still love our neighbor.

I for one am glad to have Canada as a neighbor I feel very safe going over the border as I have done many times as opposed to the border to our south where a lot of nasty things go on i.e. the drug cartel I've met a lot of Canadians at NASCAR races and they are great people Last year at Martinsville two young couples were camping next to us and we got to know them over several games of beer pong! You mentioned Oil and clean water I'll add electricity and natural gas also when I buy steel it seems to always come from Canada as well as wood products We are all in this Maple gig together so let's market our product to the rest of the world and we will all reap the benefits of the fruits of our labor
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinkis View Post
    Just our oil and clean water.....so glad you look so fondly on us. I'm sure I could say some nasty things in return but won't stoop to your level. IF you understand anything how international business works you would know that bulk buyers can purchase maple syrup at a reduced price from Canada because of the exchange rate thus it reduces your price. Us average Canadians don't set the exchange rate. It's mainly fluctuations in macro-economic factors in the US that determine exchange rates not Canada. When I built my RO this year all the components I ordered from the U.S. cost me 20% more then they would have last year and you didn't hear me on here slamming the US because of it. Pretty much everything Canadians purchase right now is more expensive because prices for most things are based on the U.S. exchange rate. The reason the exchange rate is so high is because US economy is doing well so you should be greatful about that.
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

Quote Originally Posted by sapmaple View Post
    I for one am glad to have Canada as a neighbor I feel very safe going over the border as I have done many times as opposed to the border to our south where a lot of nasty things go on i.e. the drug cartel I've met a lot of Canadians at NASCAR races and they are great people Last year at Martinsville two young couples were camping next to us and we got to know them over several games of beer pong! You mentioned Oil and clean water I'll add electricity and natural gas also when I buy steel it seems to always come from Canada as well as wood products We are all in this Maple gig together so let's market our product to the rest of the world and we will all reap the benefits of the fruits of our labor
    Very well said, and behalf of all Canadians thankyou for your kind words. I understand peoples frustration when their business is negatively impacted by factors beyond their control but I really don't think it's necessary to make ignorant and misinformed comments about each other's country. As you said, we are all in this together.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

The last time i played beer pong i was only wearing underwear.
    4x14 Hurricane Force 5
    Lapierre 1500 GPH R.O
    7800 Taps on vac.
    24x26 Sugarhouse

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Flat Lander please put the bottle down and take a deep breath. Sounds like you're still mad about the two French lady's that left you on the side of the road with only you're THONGS on. We need Canada but we may need to invade your home.

Spud
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Spud nobody knew about that, oh and Knob Creak Smoked Maple is very good

been to Canada once and personal experience with a few dancers wasn't the best, as soon as they found out we didn't speak French they stopped coming to our table.

well just pissed we bust our butts (now I know how farmers feel) to make a quality product and dont get paid what its worth, and I heard yesterday "some one" has set the price of bulk for two years out, true or not I don't know.
    Last edited by Flat Lander Sugaring; 04-26-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

I'm curious if anyone knows if US maple syrup can be commercially imported into Canada like theirs is here in the US. I know the US has quotas on certain things being imported into the US such as dairy and I've been wondering if they have something similar in regards to maple syrup.
    Two Brothers Maple LLC
    6300 taps on vaccum
    D&G 5x14 with Lapierre pans
    1800 gallon H2O RO
    10 inch filter press

http://twobrothersmaple.com/

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Yes, maple syrup can and does go across the border in both directions.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

We sold our syrup Sat. Prices for grade A $2.30 other grades much lower. I had read No more goop, but on the posted notice still saw they are taking fermented. Ugh.

On a call to Bascom's this morning, they said that the bulk price would not be set for another month by the Quebec Federation. Bascom's is presently buying all Grade A @ $2.35/lb. and any other grade @ $2.00/lb. delivered.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

Has anyone heard if the bulk price for syrup for 2015 has been set? I have customers waiting for payment for sap I purchased.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast