+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of winter?

How about now? Still thinking that?

I see what looks like -8 degrees coming your way tomorrow night.
    -Laz

I just spent 2 1/2 hours plowing NO WINTER out of my drive and the overnight low will be -10
    go figure!
    jim
    Maple consultant for 50 years

Wow...isn't it great how Mother Nature keeps looking out for us tappers!

I could really do with out the sub zero temps. Makes the day longer when trucks and tractors don't want to start or take forever to warm up.

So how about a moderation for the rest of winter?

Gess i better watch what i ask for next!

We've had 5 days of too much winter, wind chills of -15 to -20, but little snow right here, but if i go 30-50 miles north they are burried, and west of Rochester, NY to the Penn. line Interstate 90 is closed due to snow in both directions. It all averages out.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

We're getting it good now!! This is how it's supposed to be!

image.jpg
    We may not have snow but this is what I do when temps get to cold. Take advantage of the frozen ground. Next years sugar wood
    Mike

12 x 16 Sugar house
    18”x72” CDL drop flue
    Homemade 4 post RO
    125 taps on vacuum (Guzzler)
    Smoky Lake 7” filter press

My wood gets done shortly after maple season. I have about 2 yrs ahead, all cut, split and stacked. Before I had lots of maple work to do I cut firewood much of the winter, cutting my home wood, my father's home wood and helping my brother with his. Then we also sold about 40-50 full cord a year too.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12