+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yearly sales

Default Yearly sales

Just curious how everyone gauges how much syrup a customer will buy each year

I keep all of my top grades of syrup and only sell my commercial syrup to packers. Special times of the year Christmas, hunting season and most major holidays seam to be good selling points for us . mike

Quote Originally Posted by MapleGroup View Post
    Just curious how everyone gauges how much syrup a customer will buy each year
    That varies widely. I have customers who buy as much as 8 gal/yr, one who has bought 12 half gal in the last 5 months and wants 6 more halves in mid Jan. Then I have others who buy 1, 2 or 3 qts a year. Just get your name and your product out there and the business will keep growing.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks for the info
    The problem I have is I have stores lined up to sell my product. I dont want to stock all of the stores and then in 6 months have no more syrup to sell to customers or restock stores. Guess trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by MapleGroup View Post
    Thanks for the info
    The problem I have is I have stores lined up to sell my product. I dont want to stock all of the stores and then in 6 months have no more syrup to sell to customers or restock stores. Guess trial and error
    As problems go, not a bad one to have!

"While supplies last"
    Noel Good
    1998 to 2009: 15 taps on buckets, scavenged fire pit and pans
    2010: New 2x4 SS flat pan w/preheater
    2015: New to me Lapierre 18x60 raised flue, new shack, new everything!! 59 taps 23.75 gallons
    2016: 85 taps 19 gallons
    2017: Purchased 2.5 acres and tubed half with 3/16. 145 taps total 49.25 gallons
    2018: 200 taps (162 on 3/16ths 38 on buckets) New NextGen RO 63 gallons
    2019: 210 taps 73.5 gallons
    2023: 210 taps 89.75 gallons
    www.wnybass.com

That is a problem, all be it a good issue to solve, still an issue. Sales from Thanksgiving to Christmas for us went up over 50%. We are shooting for another 50% increase by Valentines day.

I have other producers lined up with product incase we run short prior to next season.

Near impossible to calculate a customers demand. Ours have ranged from $7 to $460 over the last 8 weeks.

It is tough to predict customer's purchasing habits. I have never been able to make enough syrup to meet sales through the year so I buy syrup from a local producer that I know makes very good syrup. There is not as large a profit, but you are still making money and keeping your customers happy. Also, every product that goes out the door is good advertising.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

+ Reply to Thread