+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar Bush Damage

Quote Originally Posted by MapleChaser View Post
    Just came in from the woods.75% of my pipe line is on the ground. Roads are completely close off. Weeks And Weeks of work ahead of me.

MC
    I suspect this is the case for many in our region of the state. I was talking to another sugarmaker this morning with 16,000 and he has not gotten too far into the woods due to safety concerns, but says this is the worst he has seen in quite a while. He has lots of trees tipped up.

I checked a section of our woods yesterday and there are many dead limbs down and lots of tubing and mainline in the snow. No major tree damage, but lots of clean-up to do. Fortunately for me about 1/3 of our tubing was removed for some logging. I got the mainline back up before the snow, but not the tubing. I also have the wire up for 3-400 I am adding this winter, so no damage there to deal with.

Good luck to everyone!
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

This has been a really odd after storm weather pattern. Snow stayed on the trees on part of the farm while the other it was melted. Elevation difference of only 70' is like night and day....from no damage to trees of 24" snapped off. One maple lost half its crown and another cherry snapped at 2' above the ground. Traveled over the Southern Greens this past weekend and the mtn tops were beautiful but the damage is going to be epic in some places.

It went above freezing here with some light winds yesterday afternoon and I can't believe how quick the snow came down out of the trees. I was hoping to get some stuff done in the woods but some of the snow bombs coming down were pretty substantial in size and moisture content...Today it is 36 and raining.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12