+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIG welder in Southwestern NB??

Marvel26.....Did you get Nate to do your work and how was it? Have tried most of the welding shops around here. When you ask if they can do your work, they say yes, But when you pick it up it looks like they are earning while they learn. Some of the work is pretty poor quality, looks like bubble gum. Thanks Vernon
    Maple Cove

I emailed Nate the plans and then waited...and waited...then emailed and called him. No response. I tried every yellowpage ad in Saint John, only one said that he would "try" it but the price was crazy,$2500+. In the end, I decided to sell off some needless things and a few things I cried over and ordered a 2X5 hybrid from Smoky Lake. The exchange is a killer but most of the things I sold were to US buyers on ebay so some of the funds were in US dollars already. The Schumacher's are excellent to deal with...very patient with my incessant questions.

Oh I forgot to add that WF Mason was very helpful as well. He was just taking orders for 2016 which is a year to late for my patients. Precision stainless was very professional as well and had a great price but he was also very busy with orders. He was willing to do a flat panel with drop tubes but he wasn't into flues so much.

Thanks for reply...seems like no one east of Quebec can tig weld including me? I think what you did is the right thing to do, go south and get it done right. Vernon
    Maple Cove

Yup. And for the record I meant patience not patients. That post reads like I have a number of infirm persons waiting for syrup pans.... ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12