+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longest stretch?

Thanks for the information guys!! and thanks BreezyHill for the suggesting a manifold that works, wasn't really sure which one to go with but after checking them out I just might have to try them out!!!! Thanks again! and if anymore tips or advise, it is always welcome.

lpakiz Guest

Tonka,
    I have one more tip that most folks on this forum would agree with: Go visit a tubing set-up near you. Look for someone who has a relatively flat woods. There you will learn more in an hour than you could discover in 6 months of reading here......

I would if I knew of a producer who has a woods rigged with tubing. I know of a handful of syrup makers in an hour distance and that I know of none have gravity lines, all buckets or vacuum I am assuming. The landscape varies in a half hour drive distance but thank you for the advice. I have ran gravity lines of 5/16 tubing for a couple years and holy crap on what I learned thus far and the time it helps save during the season, gets a little too hectic when I work on the farm full time, work a part time job and in combo of doing syrup.

Tonka, I know the feeling, part time Angus beef farm, full time feed mill, three sons that play soccer 12 months a year.

Check out the vacuum system. To get vac thru the system, lines need to be well placed and maintained. You just don't need a dry line or releaser, over sized manifolds... and any other vacuum related equipment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12