+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2x6 flooring

a 2x3 will be fine on 2x6 floor frame. I would use the 2x6 for the floors if you have it it will be that much stronger!!!

if your thinking of going any bigger you might wanna put supports under where the evap will go. I have a 2x6 evap and used 2x10 16"centers for floor frame and doubled up on the 2x10's under the evap. just in case.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

What Red Maples said. And make sure you build your door large enough. I like that design you are looking at, my father has always wanted to build something like that on our property.

30 +- Taps
    Homemade evaporator with 2x3 flat pan, 1x2 preheater pan/finishing pan, lots of ideas, not enough time

Not much done today. Had to sort through my wood, got some walls cut ready to frame. Having conflicting ideas about ceiling joists/ rafter ties. Made the decision to go with 2x8 rafters with 2x6 joists. The joists will sit on the wall plate on the 10' side and nailed to the rafters at the 8' back wall 2' above the wall plate.
    30 +- Taps
    Homemade evaporator with 2x3 flat pan, 1x2 preheater pan/finishing pan, lots of ideas, not enough time

Platform looks strong and sturdy, nice work. I think your idea for the rafter/joists sounds sufficient. Making some space overhead for extra storage?

30 +- Taps

30 +- Taps

IMG_4169.jpg IMG_4172.jpg
    Don't know if I'm gonna get the roof sheathed before the first snow tomorrow.
    30 +- Taps

If you get an early start tomorrow you just might, If not throw a tarp over it. The snow isn't supposed to start till late morning. Lookin good though, and you have some help, nice!

IMG_4174.jpg IMG_4173.jpg IMG_4177.jpg
    Snow storm attacked and I lost power in the afternoon, so the roof remains unsheathed
    30 +- Taps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast