+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insights From A Pro Tubing Install

Joej, How is it fixing damaged pvc in cold weather? How do you do corners, just a length of flex tubing and glued barb fittings?

In the 7 years that I have been using the PVC piping, I have had to repair the PVC only a couple of times in the real cold weather. Most of the pipeline damage has been from summer or late falls blow downs in some real bad wind storms that we have had in the past 4 years. The repair is just as simple in the cold weather as in the summer. Can of primer, can of glue, pipe saw, length of pipe and a some couplings. It goes together pretty easily. I use all sch 40 fittings due to more glue area on the fittings. When I did the install, I bought the sch 40 fittings from Plumbing Supply.Com. They had a great selection of all sch 40 fitting including PVC slice valves.

It just happens that in these new woods, there is no sharp 90 degree corners. The two turns are probably 115 degrees. The first turn is 300' from the sap shed at an anchor tree where I had to put in an expansion joint so I just used the flex tubing with SS threaded barbed adapters. The second turn 850' away is just a long sweep the did not require any fittings, but I did install another expansion joint about 20' past the turn. Then it is a straight shot 1515' to the end with one more expansion joint at about 750'. Otherwise, for a real 90 degree turn, I would just use 45's.
    2004- 470 taps on gravity and buckets
    2006- 590 taps on gravity and buckets 300 gph RO
    2009- 845 taps on vacuum no buckets, 600 gph RO
    2010- 925 taps on vacuum new 2 stage vacuum pump
    2014- 3045 taps on vacuum, new 1200 gph RO
    2015- 3104 taps on vacuum
    2017- 3213 taps on vacuum
    3' x 10' oil fired evaporator with steamaway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123