+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: power options for vacuum pumps

[QUOTE=PerryFamily Any idea what size service is needed? Thinking 50 amp is plenty for 3 hp pump?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about a service just for a pump? I would get more than 50 you never know what you might want later. 5 horse is about 30 amps and 7.5 horse is about 60 amps. Can you really only get a 50 amp service?
    Last edited by unc23win; 08-08-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Jared

Unc- No I believe I could get whatever is needed.
    2 of the three are maxed out at under 500 taps to no need for a large service.
    The third is 77 acres so I guess that there could be potential for expansion. I have walked it and once out of the main maple area it is pretty sparatic.

I was thinking from a cost standpoint.

Update
    The meeting with GMP went very good. Two out of three are very straight forward. The third however is going to need a new pole which is thankfully no cost to me. I need to provide a post with a 100amp meter panel on a pressure treated backstop a minimum of 8' from the pole. Very simple and straight forward. Cost for the hook up fee from GMP $285 +/-.
    I would think with the consistent vacuum this should pay for itself in one season. Will also have a small cost in gravel and stone for access off the main road. Well worth it than dealing with mud!!

especially since you know your way around the equipment and dirt! Sounds good and exciting on the project! I will be expanding more supplies this year so stop by the shop at Burnett road once the season gets closer. I have a whole bunch of custom RO orders this year so your welcome to stop by during fabrication- we know Bart will be there hanging out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12