+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New stack questions

I just picked up my redesigned stack today. The shop cut the top of the Leader SS stack so it is square and even, and sized slightly larger than the 12" top stack. Then he made an adapter to insert into the top of the base and then to accept the 12" top stack. It looks great. I furnished the 20 ga bright annealed to use, he made the adapter and re-cut the base to fit it squarely. He charged $60, money well spent. Now I've go to hook it up and get things ready. I also need to buy more jugs because I need to re-pack another 40 gal BBL of DA into retail. My light and medium are still good, but my dark sells way faster.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Can't but wonder if you are over thinking it.
    Leader 3x8 Patriot raised flue
    800 taps on vacuum
    100 buckets around the yard
    A lot of help to make it fun

Maybe, but I hate seeing stains streaking down the outside of a stack, SS or galv. It just looks bad!
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I put the new base stack and adapter up on the arch today. It looks nice. Now I need to decide what I'm going to do before I finish.
    My last stack (galv.) had 2 extra layers, each spaced out 2" from the previous to protect the wood. This time I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it that way (in SS) or if I want to install the rest of the stack up thru the roof and protect the wood with either 2 layers of flat SS spaced out 1" on non combustible spacers, or use some ceramic insulation. The 2 SS options would likely look neater but all 3 methods will do the job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12