+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 NY grades - what is allowed?

Default 2014 NY grades - what is allowed?

After 15 minutes on google, I cannot find a clear and definitive answer for the status of the NY grade transition this year, including NY maple producers site.

It seems the new standard is law on Jan 1 2015. Is there any overlapping grace period after that date?

And prior to that date, is the old system required, or can people start to transition now? I remember hearing there was going to be some allowed period of overlap but it's not clear if that is in 2014 or 2015.

new program goes into affect 1-1-2015 As I understand it all syrup from 2014 must be labeled by the old system and can be sold with the old system until stock runs out in 2015. 2015 syrup will use the new system
    We started with 50 pails,cooking outside. We have progressed upwards to 1700 + taps on pipe line with vacuum.Cooking on a 4x12 with auf/aof . This year we added a wetline and vacuum booster, also updated to Busch mink vacuum pump. New for 2015 will be a Leader Extreme 2 R/O as well as buying sap from some of the locals.

Thats the way I understand it too. You have until the end of 2015 to sell syrup graded in the current system from this years crop. Next year we switch to the new system and after December 31st 2015 all syrup needs to be graded in the new system regardless of when it was produced. Hope that isn't confusing.

Here is the information from dept. of ag and markets as printed in the pipeline
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We started with 50 pails,cooking outside. We have progressed upwards to 1700 + taps on pipe line with vacuum.Cooking on a 4x12 with auf/aof . This year we added a wetline and vacuum booster, also updated to Busch mink vacuum pump. New for 2015 will be a Leader Extreme 2 R/O as well as buying sap from some of the locals.

+ Reply to Thread