Now that the season is over(only boiled 8 times), I can total up some figures to see how we did. The generator is a 12000 watt Winco with a 20 hp Honda gas engine on it, and I figured it would like the gas even though it is a Honda. The biggest pain was carting in the 5 gallon jerry cans every day to it, The total gas bill for the season was---- $325.37, and I put 92 hours on the generator. My brother-in-law, the electrician figured I used 4.8 kWh, based on the motors that I was running and amps that was drawing when everything was on, subject to some discrepancies when the jet pump kicked on to pump up sap, auto draw-off running on and off, etc.
Anyway, the way our Hydro One works here now, here would be the cost of hydro had I gone that route:

4.8 kWh @ 12.9000cents $61.92
Delivery charges $66.87
Regulatory charges $ 4.47
Debt retirement charge $ 4.91
HST $17.96

TOTAL $156.13

This figure would not include costs of

Poles, lines and transformer, plus the minimum monthly charge even though I wouldn't use any hydro the rest of the year, which would be a minimum of $50.00 per month, possibly edging towards $100.00 per month. Going with the lower figure, my total hydro bill for the calendar year would be $$834.13 with HST added on monthly
I would not consider going with hydro here in Ontario, gas may be a pita lugging in to the generator every day, but it still runs a lot cheaper than hydro once this giant corporation puts all their additional fees on