+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maple Jet Filter Press

Schiefe4
    Honestly i couldnt tell you, I've done a batch of about 6 gallons which included what i drained from my pan at the end of the season so it was quite dirty and had no problems. It would be worth a call to the maple guys and inquire some info on it and see what he says, and go from there.

Last year I purchase the Maple Jet from maple guys and had excellent results. I'd filter about 4-5 gallons at a time and the papers did not clog. The syrup was crystal clear as I bottle in glass. I purchase the papers from them as well as the DE. I would highly recommend it for the price it's worth it

So I bought this Maple Jet Filter Press to use this season and tried it for the first time this past weekend. We got frustrated because it was hard to pump the syrup through the press. I read from bcmhs800's post is that he fixed a half kinked hose on the press, is that the short hose that runs from the pump into the press plates?
    I will post a picture soon if anyone is wondering.
    Thanks

Default Kinked hose

Yes it was the short hose that was kinked. Even if you try to straighten it as your pumping as it's set up now you will notice a difference. I used an elbow on mine an attached two short pieces of hose and it works great, you should be happy with the press!

Could you send a picture of your set up so I have an idea? I appreciate for responding to my question!

I wonder if they would work 349.00
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Buon-Vino-Sup...QAAOxy3zNSeY2~

$(KGrHqNHJBkFJv861KyDBSeY2+J-tg~~60_12.JPG

this is the small one and only 179.00

$_57.JPG

just wondering why they convert the electric pump to a hand pump

I just picked up the wine filter for 70.00
    Does anyone think the electric motor will work for syrup?
    any ides an where I could find a hand pump?

I would like to know how it works out for you .I have been looking into these for syrup also. The Maple Guys have one that has 6 frames and will filter 2 gallons until the papers need to be changed. So I would say the papers on a 3 frame would be around 1 gallon? Buno Vino Super Jet filter has a 6 frame press for 50.00 less than the one from Maple Guys , but with a 165 deg. max temp, pump. You would have to get the filters for syrup from the MGuys too. which look identical in there pattern on the plates and holes in the filters. What Ive read the wine filters are to dense and not made to accept DE filter enhancment. You might try 180 deg hot water first with your pump just in case it can't handle it and comes apart. Hope it works out for you. Happy Sappin!

I know this is an old thread but nobody has replied. The Boun Vino wine press is the press that is being used. I got one for $175 used and added 1/4x20 threaded rod couplings to the rods that hold the plates. This allowed me to add 2 extra plates. I run 5 filter papers at a time. The pump and motor will need replaced as will the lines for the hot temperatures. I went to the local brew store and bought a stainless chugged pump with a run dry pump on it. Filter paper I bought from the maple guys. All total I have around $400 in and will tell you it works fantastic.keep your eyes open on Facebook market as they do come up on there. I’m very happy with mine plug it in and run works great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast