+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maple Jet Filter Press

Default Maple Jet Filter Press

Anyone have a Maple Jet FilterPress sold on Maple guys website? What size is it, what size papers does it take? What is your experience with it?

Wall Hollow, did you end up finding anything out about this filter press?

has anyone else had experience with the Maple Jet filter press? I'm looking at getting something, and if this works well, its definitely the best price on a hand pump one.
    SevenCreeksSap
    About 80 taps and a sapsucker.
    A wife who doesn't shop and lets me buy Maple stuff

The best place for that answer is to contact Chris at the Maple Guys. He can answer all questions, is easy to deal with, no high pressure and he can give you the name of some who bought one to ask.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

best to talk to someone who bought one. Def. ask chris though. Personally I would spend the extra $$$ and get a little 7" wes fab or something like that with a motor. but thats just me.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

Thanks Guys, I'll give him a call. I'd like to go all out and get a motorized press, but am trying to upgrade with profits now, and didnt quite make the 1200 for a wesfab. the hand press is in my price range and has to be a step up from the gravity filtering, maybe a bit less waste. Thanks for the input.
    SevenCreeksSap
    About 80 taps and a sapsucker.
    A wife who doesn't shop and lets me buy Maple stuff

I purchased one of these presses last year after seeing it at the lapierre open house in VT. It has worked great for us, all our syrup gets put in glass and there is little to no sediment in any of the bottles. when i first used it i had a hard time pumping and figured it was from a half kinked hose on the unit. i rerouted the hose with an elbow and has worked great since. we usually filter batches of about 4-5 gallons of syrup and have had no problems. it all breaks down fairly handy for cleaning and there is virtually no lost syrup or syrup that needs re filtering as you would get when you break down a larger press. I am used to motorized presses and this is the first time I've tried a hand pump and am plesantly surprized. The only draw back is you must buy specific papers from the maple guys and they are not as cheap as your normal 7" paper. This beats a cone filter any day. it is worth the investment to the smaller producer in my opinion. The maple guys were very good to deal with and i wouldnt hesitate to give them a call and check out this press.

Default Maple Jet or Buon Vino Super Jet?

bcmhs800,

Isn't the Maple Jet Filter Press a modified Buon Vino Super Jet (i.e. swapped the electric motor out for a hand pump)? Would it use the same type of filters?
    680 Taps on Vacuum
    Atlas Copco GV40 Pumps
    20'x20' Sugar Shack
    Smoky Lake Maple Equipment -
    2'x10' Wood Fired Drop Flue w/Hood and Pre-Heater
    [4' Cross Flow Syrup Pan (Reversible)/6' Drop Flue Pan]
    Lapierre Turbo 600, 2000 series
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=393322e0de
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e2189037f7

For what its worth, check out the 5" presses being made by Daryl Sheets in PA. I bought one last year and it is awesome, his press was around $800 last year but definitly worth the money. The 5" papers can be gotten through CDL or Daryl.
    Jeff

470 taps
    Torr Vac TV40D High Vac with Lapierre Horizontal releaser
    Leader 2x6 Patriot raised flue
    Leader 2x4 Steamaway
    Wildfire arch
    MES Dolly 300 3 post RO
    DG 7" 5 bank filter press
    and still lookin to get bigger

Schiefe4
    It appears your right, I've never seen that before but searched it and yes it is the same unit with a hand pump. looking at the filters though it appears the wine filters are a lot thicker and a lot more expensive but are the same shape. The papers for the maple jet are just like any paper you would get for a regular press, same thickness and material the holes are just in different locations.

Default Maple Jet

Thanks bcmhs800

I have a Buon Vino Super Jet and I might convert it. The Buon Vino filters already have DE in them. How many gallons does Maple Guys say you can filter between changing the filters on the Maple Jet?
    680 Taps on Vacuum
    Atlas Copco GV40 Pumps
    20'x20' Sugar Shack
    Smoky Lake Maple Equipment -
    2'x10' Wood Fired Drop Flue w/Hood and Pre-Heater
    [4' Cross Flow Syrup Pan (Reversible)/6' Drop Flue Pan]
    Lapierre Turbo 600, 2000 series
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=393322e0de
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e2189037f7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast