+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not much sap on Saturday and Sunday

We got over 100 gallons today, so we'll have something to boil on Saturday! Whatever happens tomorrow is bonus. We are going to boil it off and then chase with water and call it a season. We are moving on to other things now. I have another business that starts up next week, so these toys have to be put away! It was short but sweet. The upside is that we still have lots of wood and lots of plastic for next year!
    325 taps
    2x6 Phaneuf
    Illegitimati non carborundum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbkO-NKA9o

Good run yesterday, probably the last one. It was 27 yesterday morning when I left for work and collected over 15 gallons off 22 taps.... So, have over 40 gallons to boil this weekend... Will be the final one for the year and time to collect and put supplies away for next year.... Short but sweet season. Need to reconfigure my evaporator. Only about to boil off at a rate of 2.5 gph. Combination of wet wood and not enough fire bricks in the oven. Live and learn....

Looking at the forecast it doesn't look too good for next week. We are going to make our last batches and call it good. It didn't freeze last night and seemed to be slowing down when I checked last night at around 8pm, so we are all set for this weekend with around 150 gallons. We should be able to boil that in about 6 hours while we are taking shifts and pulling taps. That's the plan anyway...
    325 taps
    2x6 Phaneuf
    Illegitimati non carborundum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbkO-NKA9o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234