+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What gast vacuum pump would you use

I wouldn't use a relief valve. At least I don't on my 2065. If you were to use one I would just use a simple spring relief valve easy to install and adjust. For a moisture trap if your pump has smaller inlets 3/4" or 1" you can just use a simple ball trap. The maple guys sell one with 1" inlets that I used with no problems. You could also make one if you wanted.
    Jared

Run a 1550 on 525 taps. System was brand new last year I was able to get 24 " with pump consistently. The pumps do run hot to touch. I use a Johnson control to start/stop pump on a motor starter.
    H20 econox 3 membrane
    4500 taps
    30"x12' evaporator
    10x31 shack

Thanks for the help. I picked up a Gast 2567 on Ebay and ordered a Johnson A419 temp control. Hoping to have things set up this month and get at least 500 taps on it before sugar season, but still have to select a releaser. Thinking a Lapierre or Bernard 8" double vertical. It will leave room to expand. Any suggestions?

I have a 2567 with a Bernard double mechanical continuous vacuum, works great. The only thing I would do different is get the smaller manifold to help with the grade.

Thanks. I think I will take your advice on the Bernard double vertical. I spoke to the folks at Lapierre and that was their suggestion as well. Any pics of your set-up? What would be the benefit of the smaller manifold?
    Last edited by Fiddlehead; 10-28-2014 at 06:44 PM.

If your land is flat without much elevation change dropping into your tank. It gives you a couple more inches to gain that needed slope. You can get a 6" manifold or a 2" manifold. The 2" just allows you to get a couple more inches of drop on your mainline.

RegorO,
    Any pictures you can post of your set up with the Gast 2567? Got mine rigged up this weekend with a new 1.5 motor and Jonson A419 temp control. I am new to vacuum and though a look at yours might help with set up.

i run 2 gast 1023 oiless vac pumps with bender releasers and continuous vac manifolds, they do run hot but haven`t had any issue with them pulling 25 in all season long but im on a smaller number of taps, but i do have 40 gal moisture trap/ vac accumulator to make up for the smaller cfm of the pump , basically they are air compressor tanks they came with the vac pumps when i bought them, so i used them too. everything is very productive to my scale on a mild budget
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12