+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tapped near Wakeman, Oh.

Default Tapped near Wakeman, Oh.

Put out 300 bags and 12 buckets Wednesday evening. Checked yesterday and some had couple inches. Guessing today we'll be collecting.

I put out 33 taps yesterday, figured it would start running today, buckets only have about two gallon in each bucket so far hope it takes off soon.

hi flhr10 my names pepper,im in wellington,oh.I put out 150 bags out fri.-sat.sap ran allday fri and most of sat.where are you located in wakeman

I've got 100 taps out (in Wellington) since March 4th, some have nearly 2 gallons collected so far. Will need to empty them before tomorrow's run.
    25 taps in 2012 with electric stove in driveway.
    55 taps in 2013 with cinder block wood-fired evaporator. Elec. stove is now my preheater!
    1 sugar maple, mostly silver maples
    Tapping black walnut trees this year for the first time.
    My Sugaring pics

We are south of rt 18 on the southwest corner of Butler and Ferry Rd. We collected 90 gallons Friday and 70 on Saturday. Boiled some Friday night just to get it out of holding tank and ran the rest of it last night. Drew close to a gallon of syrup off evaporator and had to shut down since we were down to the last 10 gallons in the feed tank. Let fire die to nothing and evaporator cool a bit and then let that last 10 gallons is sap into evap and put a heater in firebox since it dropped down to 14 last night. Stop by if you're out this way. My name is Doug.

We're probably going to hang another 100-150 this morning.

thanks I will stop by one day im on cemetery rd south of 18 I made a RO this winter tring to get the hang of it.should have a big thaw coming this week tring to get ready.

We collected 90 gal Friday and 70 Sat. Boiled Saturday night and got a gallon of sweet gold off evap, I went by thermometer and sheeting method. Last firing of evap right before draw then let it die because only about 12 gal sap in feed tank. Once fire was all gone and only a handful of coals left, there were about 8 gal in tank. I flooded pans with that so that tank and lines wouldn't freeze. It got down to about 14 Sat night. I checked things Sunday morning about 6 and no one ice in evap. Checked a couple buckets on yard trees before leaving this am and they were 1/4-1/3 full. Ready for round 2.

456 total taps, 12 of which are buckets. Collected 335 gallons tonight, will start boiling tomorrow after work while wife and boys collect. Taking Wed off work to get it all boiled in.

Just checked sap with hydrometer and its at 2.5%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast