+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's either this weekend or next for me...

Been collecting for a week now only averaging 10 gal/d on 40 taps. On the bright side sap has been averaging between 3 and 3.3%. I'll take as much as that as possible. Looks like the next 10 days are going to be slow leekers as well.

Good luck to all!!

SDdave
    It's not the size of the tree...it's what inside that counts!

Checked my trees (125 taps now) in central Ottertail county this morning. About 40 percent had some flow, though none had over a quart.Not enough to mess with yet. Some sun and a couple 40 degree days and it should be off to the races.

Gotta love those tracks for this time of year in Minnesota. Have Mattracks on my Polaris 800. Can handle 100+ gallons of sap in the box at a time. Tapping 300 trees and only a couple have started and very little at that and only on high ground. Only got about 3" of the 10" snow that was forecast so that is good. Just waiting for the sap flow here in Motley.

Hungry Beaver you know any Holmbergs over in Staples? I have 130 taps out and very few of them dripping East Central MN.

Mike

i got about 4 gallons today. tomorrow and friday look nicer weather wise, so i'll probably boil this weekend. my pan does about 3 gallons/hr so gotta be done in stages.

First Timer, got 20 tapped (10 to go), no drips yet. Looks like temperatures are going to be dipping down again for the next week of so. About 2.5+ feet of snow in woods still, made moving around without snowmobile or snow shoes quite the fiasco. Good exercise though after the long cold winter mostly spent either sitting at work, sitting on the couch, or sitting in the ice house.

Collected about 30 gallons this afternoon on 125 taps. Hopefully it will run into the evening and some tomorrow so I can do a batch on Saturday.(Central Ottertail County)

It is finally starting to run here. Will do my first collection run tomorrow.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

My 100 bags by Mora started today. About two inches in each bag.

Sorry I do not. Sap starting very very slow. Expect this weekend to shut it down with cold weather coming again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast