+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leader CV Spouts ???

Unhappy Leader CV Spouts ???

Was out picking up some supplies today in Swanton, VT. Went to purchase a bag (100) of leader clear cv spouts but at check out they wouldn't sell them.

Here is what happened. At the start of checkout the counter person took the bag and said he had to check something. 5 minutes later he came back and said he couldn't sell them. Then he asked another person behind the counter to pull the remaining clear CV spouts off the sales floor.

Whole situation seems strange to me. Anyone experience this?

Perhaps a customer had already placed a large order and they needed to fill it with whatever stock they had in the store. It would have been good customer service if they had exlained what they were doing, and why.
    ~ Karen ~

2012 - 10 taps, 1 turkey fryer - 169.5L sap 4.2 L syrup
    2013 - 23 taps, 2 turkey fryers - 748.5 L sap 17.56 L syrup

2014 - 22 taps, 509 L sap 12.5 L syrup
    2015 - 28 taps, 1093.75 L sap 25.1 L syrup
    2016 - 25 taps, 1223.5 L sap 28.25 L syrup
    2017 - 21 taps, 518.5 L sap 12.7 L syrup
    2018 - 28 taps, 2 turkey fryers & Denali 3 burner propane stove - 798L sap 16.9 L syrup
    2019 - 28 taps, 1409.5L sap 40.12L syrup

Sugar, Norway, Manitoba, Silver and Freeman Maples

There where 3 or 4 bags (100 spouts) on a side counter. 3 bags on top of a full case of spouts on the sales floor. The salesman actually entered them into the register before saying he had to check on something. I asked a couple questions and never got an answer.

obviously some one else has money that is greener than YOURS
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

So what did you get for spouts instead?

They should have explained, pre ordered by someone else, def. batch, etc. But then my opinion is that Leaders communications has often lacked.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

The CV spouts were going to be an upgrade so since they weren't available I was just going to use what I already have. I did try to purchase a few Tree saver spout just to make sure I had enough but they were out of those. Will know later today if I need to purchase more. Last year had 75 taps (mostly buckets) figure this year around 100 taps total with 40 or so on buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Was out picking up some supplies today in Swanton, VT. Went to purchase a bag (100) of leader clear cv spouts but at check out they wouldn't sell them.

Here is what happened. At the start of checkout the counter person took the bag and said he had to check something. 5 minutes later he came back and said he couldn't sell them. Then he asked another person behind the counter to pull the remaining clear CV spouts off the sales floor.

Whole situation seems strange to me. Anyone experience this?
    "The Future of Tapping is Here!!

Our New CLear Check Valve Spout has everything the efficient prodcer needs. We have the Check Valve technology, the 5/16" size and the visual benefits of the clear polycarbonate material.

Delivery may be delayed up to 2 weeks, due to volume of orders."

From their web page.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

While you probably should have gotten a better explanation of what was going on, given the backlog of orders, I always pre-order these ahead of time to make sure I can get them.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Have you tried contacting Sugarbush Supplies? They are great people to deal with and maybe still stock what you need. Sugarbush Supply.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast