+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapping in Broome County?

Quote Originally Posted by relseek View Post
    My buckets have been producing but not alot, approx 40-45 gallons a day from 61 buckets. My 155 on tubing have been giving approx 100 gal a day since tuesday
    Rob,
    I stopped by your house today to introduce myself, but apparently you weren't home. Funny thing is I am friends with your neighbors...Steve, Manny, Brad, and the Brady's. It seems I've done all your neighbors roofs except for yours...lol.
    My trees are gushing today, so I will be boiling this weekend.

New to the forum, have my 22 taps in up here in Maine NY, have about 17 gallons so far! -Steve

Had a bit of a mishap Saturday morning when a float malfunctioned, ( and I wasn't in the shack)isn't that when it always happens? Well my pan burnt up beyond salvation. Thanks to Jim and Angela over at Smoky Lake I should be getting my new pan tomorrow and be back in business. Thankfully it has cooled way down tonight and stopped sap flow. My new vacuum system is working good and I'm sitting on over 500 gallons that needs to be processed...... The problems you don't prepare for are the ones that get you.
    But in the name of St Patrick's Day, a little IRISH wisdom from my Grand Dad..."Nothing is ever so bad that it couldn't be worse"
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Milker 56 View Post
    New to the forum, have my 22 taps in up here in Maine NY, have about 17 gallons so far! -Steve
    Welcome, Steve. Where are you located in Maine? It wouldn't be on East Maine would it?

Not too far away, off of east maine road toward Nappys

Nothing in the buckets in over a week. Looks like maybe a few good days coming up though.

I had some last week - made a pint + 10 oz...then not much but does look good in the near future! Hopefully will get some snow melt to make it easier for getting to trees
    Steve

2014 - 10 taps about 1qt good syrup 1qt of "learning" on an open fire in a cook pot; and a 6lb baby girl
    2015 - 12 taps 1 pt + 10 oz so far, stacked block evaporator, 2 full steam table pans first boil appx 3gph

I put out 10 more taps today to try and make up for the last week of nothing. We'll see what happens.

I was near agway so I grabbed a few more and hopefully can get some additional out this weekend. Maybe the slow start will lead to a good season
    Steve

2014 - 10 taps about 1qt good syrup 1qt of "learning" on an open fire in a cook pot; and a 6lb baby girl
    2015 - 12 taps 1 pt + 10 oz so far, stacked block evaporator, 2 full steam table pans first boil appx 3gph

It's been running good here. It's been snowing on and off for days, but it's running good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast