+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Shack

Default New Shack

Here are a few pictures of the shack we finished building in December. We built it in my shop then hauled it down the road and put it in my yard. My original intentions were to just build a small shelter for this year just to keep the rain off and block the wind. But once we started building it just got bigger. I'm hoping with the mono-slope roof, the steam will keep rising and go out the opening. I'm thinking I might have to put a fan up to help keep the steam moving out. I didn't build a floor at all and I'm worried it might get muddy inside. Could I put down wood chips or crushed stone? I just have the small half pint this year, I already know I'm going to want a bigger evaporator for next year. Oh well, this will be a lot better than the two turkey fryers and a cinder block wall to keep the wind off that I had last year.Building shack.jpgMoving the Shack.jpgSugar Shack1.jpgSugar Shack2.jpgSugar Shack3.jpg

Congrats, maybe you could help the steam leave the openings by putting the evaporator under the flaps if it isn't already. I think I would not have the anything burnable on the floor, how about sand and then concrete patio squares? Have a good season.

+ Reply to Thread