+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sap ladder with Guzzler pump

Hi BreezyHill:

I read your post and wondered if you had some advise. I have a sugar bush with the farthest tree around 2,000 feet away. The land is relatively flat. I have a design to use battery powered Guzzler pumps at two different locations. However, I'm wondering if the Guzzler pump would carry the sap back to the sugar house with a few sap ladders to raise it every 500-700 ft. Would this work even if I used a vacuum pump with a 25-45 CFM rating? I was hoping to use the Guzzler pumps for the first year or two to save money and then transfer those pumps to a remote location to handle a smaller sugar bush in the future.

As a side thought, would a separate Guzzler pump at the sugar shack work if it were dedicated to only bringing the sap back to the sugar shack from 2,000 ft? If so, how would this work? Would I hook it directly to the outlet of the other pump or have it suck the sap from a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jones Family Farm View Post
    Hi BreezyHill:

I read your post and wondered if you had some advise. I have a sugar bush with the farthest tree around 2,000 feet away. The land is relatively flat. I have a design to use battery powered Guzzler pumps at two different locations. However, I'm wondering if the Guzzler pump would carry the sap back to the sugar house with a few sap ladders to raise it every 500-700 ft. Would this work even if I used a vacuum pump with a 25-45 CFM rating? I was hoping to use the Guzzler pumps for the first year or two to save money and then transfer those pumps to a remote location to handle a smaller sugar bush in the future.

As a side thought, would a separate Guzzler pump at the sugar shack work if it were dedicated to only bringing the sap back to the sugar shack from 2,000 ft? If so, how would this work? Would I hook it directly to the outlet of the other pump or have it suck the sap from a tank?
    You would have better luck getting responses to your questions if you start your own separate thread than tacking on to the end of a 3 year old thread. You would be better off going with a vacuum pump and releaser than a Guzzler if you need to use ladders. Guzzlers perform well to a point but need liquid flowing through them to maintain good vacuum and you need good steady vacuum to make ladders work properly.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

i got my guzzler to do about a 5 ft lift, i think anything over that it will not work. they dont have enough cfm to do the job.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

+ Reply to Thread