+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Selling Sap

Thad, your right, for some of these guys it isn't all about the $. Its bragging rights. For example, I have heard from a lot of people that when a sugarmaker leases land up north say franklin county compared to say leasing land in rutland county is totally different in $ per tap per year. I have heard numerous of times where up north they pay up to 3 to 4 dollars a tap. Down here it ranges from .50cents to at most $1.25 which I know nobody that pays $1.25 down here. The most I have ever payed is .75. I know a fair amount of guys that pay .50. You can maybe kind of compare. It is a lot different down here than up where you are. Again I am happy for the $ you are making. If I payed >50 cents a gallon for sap I would have to upgrade everything because all of the guys around me would sell there rigs and just sell me there sap. You got me thinking spud. I could corner the market down here in all of the stores with my syrup.
    4x14 Hurricane Force 5
    Lapierre 1500 GPH R.O
    7800 Taps on vac.
    24x26 Sugarhouse

Yes you could Randy so open those eyes wider and you will be amazed as to what you will see. A guy in your area paying 65%+ would get ALL the sap sales in that area. You may not even have to tap your own trees.. I know theres a lot of people that disagree with my opinion on sap prices and that is fine. I also know there is a bunch that do agree. 1100 hits on this thread and only a handful of comments. The one thing for sure is I have the upmost respect for You, Dr.Tim, Thad, Perry Family,Jared, and all the others that make their comment on this issue. We don't have to always agree on everything and that is what makes it so fun.

As for Thad and his house value he is right. I plan to call the town of Barre in the morning and advise them to reappraise his home to be more like homes on the lake. Enjoy your new taxes Thad.

Spud

Lets get back to that helium injection on our vacuum thing.
    4x14 Hurricane Force 5
    Lapierre 1500 GPH R.O
    7800 Taps on vac.
    24x26 Sugarhouse

This is the end? Nobodys going to go haywire? Seriously, Ive been following this all day on tapping breaks and this is the end of it?

Very well said spud. I wish you and everyone luck this season.

I hope we all have a great season and all make at least 1/2 gal or more per tap !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Brutkoski View Post
    Lets get back to that helium injection on our vacuum thing.
    its on the existing thread
    Last edited by Flat Lander Sugaring; 01-28-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

If I sell sap and DEMAND 25 cents per point,or if I am buying sap and the seller DEMANDS 25 cents, I tell HIM to take a hike. This is not a problem it is supply and demand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234