+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic Leak Detectors

There are a few of them listed on Ebay listed under Inficon, such as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251423679611...S1.M698.R1.TR6
    1,200 taps on USFS land, 3x8 King w/Steamaway. Lapierre RO.

So how do you use the CDL unit? Have not looked very much into these but sounds somewhat useful?

I'll be learning how to use the CDL unit as soon as the pumps are started. The long term forecast shows 5-6 days of temps in the 40's, starting 2/17. I bought one of the CDL ultrasonic leak detector units from our sponsor. Looks like I should have a much tighter system this year. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have some time on the leak detector. I'm thinking that having a neat toy (er piece of hi tech equipment) to find l will spend more time checking for and fixing leaks. That's how I justified the purchase.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I used leak detectors for years finding vacuum leaks on chlorination equipment. They work but require quiet surroundings and patience, emphasis on patience!

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    I used leak detectors for years finding vacuum leaks on chlorination equipment. They work but require quiet surroundings and patience, emphasis on patience!
    I used the one at verona it wasn't quite at all in the gym and all you could hear as the leak. I was impressed with it
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

I also tried one at Verona. With the crowd noise around I heard the leak extremely well, but taking the head phones off, and knowing where the loud (in the headphones) sounding leak was I held my better ear close but could no hear the leak. I then slept on the idea for 2 weeks before I ordered the CDL unit.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

For those who have the CDL unit, any ideas if it is a repackaged Amprobe unit? It looks the same as an Amprobe ULD-300 just in a different color.
    --
    2015 - 110 taps on hybrid pump + 3/16 natural vac
    - releaser posts every release event on twitter: https://twitter.com/ryebryesreleasr
    2014 - 30 taps on 3/16 gravity

Is there a difference in price?
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by unc23win View Post
    Is there a difference in price?
    Jared making his christmas list
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Maybe Jake I saw the one on Amazon was about $150 cheaper than the CDL one. I don't know anything about them. I would guess the CDL one might have some sap line specific instructions, but then again instructions aren't something the maple industry is know for doing well.

Worth the money Maple Flats?

I was thinking end of the 16 season I might get one.
    Jared

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast