+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: used vertical releaser

Default used vertical releaser

hi, I have acquired a large LaPierre electric vertical releaser. I'd say it's about 4' tall! it has a small crack on the glass on the top of the releaser that I believe should be an easy fix! my question is how much is a unit like that worth being used? I know a picture or a model # would help, but I don't currently have one. I can get one... just gotta take the picture/walk out to the barn! it has 4-5 inlet ports on the top 1/3rd of the tube and the dump at the bottom! it was used 2 years ago... the guy has given up sugaring! I do not have the capacity for it, so I'm thinking of selling it or modifying it, if the sale value is not worth my while! anybody have any clue as to it's value?
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

0120141353.jpg really bad lighting.. or no lighting at all actually. but this is it!

Good luck to all!

That is a electric releaser it is probably worth a couple hundred without a pump maybe less if it has a pump depending on what kind it could be worth 4-500 if you want to try to sell it I would try to sell it on ebay.

It sure looks like a big unit, should be good for several thousand taps. I'm not sure about repairing the top, since a good vacuum will have a vac level in the mid to upper 20's, there is a huge force. I might suggest getting a new top. Then since the size is much bigger than you could need, get an estimate from others (I have no idea) on the value and sell it. Use the money to buy a smaller one and a vacuum pump to meet yore needs for the next few years as you grow. Good luck.
    Do you have any idea how many taps the previous owner had on it? That may help.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

the previous owner had roughly 2000 on it. probably a few more then that! he had a little bit of electrical tape on the cover and he was able to pull 24-25" without any issues!

Good luck to all!

I bought a unit like that about 5 years ago from a maple dealer for $100.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

$100? you must have gotten one hell of a deal! in working condition, it has to be worth quite a bit more then $100 more like 1/2 the price of new! especially figuring a new one now that would handle thousands of taps are running over a grand! but I guess used equipment like this is probably worth what the owner or the buyer values it at? if it's only worth $100 i'll keep it and try to modify it for my liking! I'm thinking I'd get rid of it for $500-$600! but seriously... I'm no expert!

Good luck to all!

He had 4 or 5. Could not move them. Looked just like yours with a good switch. Hold on when they price you a stainless Goulds 3/4 hp.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Hold on is right, that pump is the expense of that rig. Lol
    vacuum
    RO
    filter press
    auto draw
    New leader oil fired

http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww123/jtrap/

probably make a good moisture trap or booster tank.
    Paul & Serena
    Sugaring for over 50 years.
    4000+ taps on vacuum
    4 Airtech Vacuum Pumps
    4 X 12 Force 5 with D&G Pans
    Lapierre 1200 GPH RO

www.paulssugarhouse.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast