+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September Journal 2013

Had a good crew working yesterday and was able to put up 1,500ft of our new 2" wet/dry line yesterday. Hope to get some excavating done next weekend to clean up an old skidder road into the back section of the sugarbush.
    3x10 Leader Inferno Arch
    14,200 Taps
    2 - 14 HP Indiana Vacuum pump
    1800gph Lapierre RO
    10" Lapierre filter press
    2 - 25,000 tap Lapierre releasers
    3 - SS 1500 gallon tanks
    1 - SS 8,400 gallon tank
    8x8 Argo ATV
    50k John Deere generator

24'x32' sugarhouse

Nice pics of your wet/dry line.
    Last edited by Revi; 09-23-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    325 taps
    2x6 Phaneuf
    Illegitimati non carborundum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbkO-NKA9o

We had a load of hardwood logs delivered last week. Saturday afternoon my buddy and I went at it with the saws while my brother marked to length and threw pieces off the pile. 90 minutes later it looked like a Stihl powered bomb had gone off! We spent 5 hours splitting and filling pallets on Sunday and almost got it finished. It will still take another 2 days to get the other piles split (not shown) but we'll be ready by the time the snow flies.

We also got some time during the all-day rainstorm to put strapping on the underside of the roof where the new 3000 gallon sap tank will sit. We'll get the steel screwed to the strapping in a few week's time.

IMG_00000162.jpgIMG_00000164.jpgIMG_00000166.jpgIMG_00000167.jpg
    Last edited by ennismaple; 09-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

Scan0006.jpg

Sorry about not getting back quicker. use the figure 8 knot. The secret is knitting....over under over or under over under.

Take the length of wire in hand and fold a section that is as wide as is your palm, so as it is able to be looped as shown in the picture of the black wire. Repeat this to the other end you are splicing to.
    Attach the two wires so that you have what is in the picture.

The two wire ends need to lay on the same plan as each other or the knot is wrong. Not the over under weaving of the wire in the not.

This is like riding a bike. Ounce you get it you wont forget it.

I included the entire two pages so you can see the rapid tightner and the rapid handle G645. They are the best on the market. I have tried and used them all...these rock.

Sounds like you may have dropped your crimping tool...That will cause the failure you are talking of. A drop of three feet can destroy a crimper. If droped just wrong the unit has lost its crush rate. It is junk when that happens. Had to do a warrenty job for Gallagher when another dealer used a damaged crimper. Every crimp had to be replaced.

Breezy what is the time frame for deterioration of the wire?

I have never had a splice fail yet. I always bend the wire over just little so it can't slide back I had a guy tell me that at the store one day so I do it now although I never had a splice fail before. I use 2 of the longer splices about 3/4" long and I check my crimp tools with the gauge if the crimp doesn't quite look right.

I always use a spring hooked to the ratchet and I bend the end of the wire about 3/4" and stick it in the ratchet and help it around about one wrap by hand never had the wire break since I started doing it this way. I also put the spring and ratchet in the middle of the run so it pulls the wire eqaully from both ends at first I only tighten the ratchet until the spring is pulled about 3" then go back later and tighten to 4".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12