+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade Mission to Australia

Default Trade Mission to Australia

Today, my wife and I attended a Taste of Connecticut expo at Munson's Chocolates in Bolton, CT to kick off a trade mission to Australia. Congressman Joe Courtney and Ann Evans from U.S. Dept. of Commerce were introducing items from Connecticut being introduced to Australia on their upcoming trip. Included was our association new cookbook, The Maple Cookbook - Connecticut Style. The dept. of Commerce feels this cookbook will sell very well in Australia.
    If Connecticut can ever produce enough maple syrup to meet our own needs, perhaps we could develop a Connecticut Label to market our syrup to Australia.
    I'm sure the Sheila's would love it.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

Ha funny that you bring that up I just tonight sent some CT syrup to Trinadad an island off the coast of South America and was wondering how far our syrup travels.
    123 taps 2012
    175 taps 2013
    250 taps 2014
    3 Sap Haulers & 1 Maple Widow
    2X6 Smokey maple pans

http://smilebox.com/play/4d7a41784e5..._playback_link

I know Bascoms sells a lot of syrup to Australia. On the scale of whole shipping containers worth of syrup.
    Eric Johnson
    Tucker Mountain Maple Co-op
    1400 taps in 2013
    2.5 x 8 CDL pellet arch and Smokey Lake pans
    Lapierre 600 RO
    Member of Andover/Salisbury Maplehaulics anonymous
    www.tuckermtn.com
    pALS

+ Reply to Thread