+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lapiere Mainline Lashing Tool

I thought lappiere sold pre lashed mainline that may be option does anybody know if they do or not.

Here's one on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/C2-Cable-Las...item2a2f73bc3e and those rebar tiers can be had or a few hundred on eBay also.

The rebar tying machine would work to, the only thing is can you get rebar tying wire in stainless. I remember 30 years ago you could only get the wire ties in steel only, after about 8 years they started rusting off.
    With a lasher you can use stainless wire.

I'm a retired lineman from Verizon and have lashed miles and miles of cable over my 32 years of employment! The cable lashers that utility companies us need a much larger support wire to travel on than most mainline have! There are 2 wheels in the under side of the lasher that rides on the support cable which turns the lasher barrel which holds the wire that gets turned around the cable (main line)!
    Are first orchard was done using a lasher, but we used 1/4 inch stranded support cable which is still being used to this day 30 years later.
    3x10 Dallalre, oil fired, Stainless steel.
    Steam hoods front and rear with preheater.
    1500 taps on vac, right to sugar house.
    900 on Gravity
    New Busch 3 Phase Vacuum. (2010)
    Lapierre 600 Turbo with 2 - 8" posts
    36 years of MAPLE ENJOYMENT!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...93710737313171

I thought lappiere sold pre lashed mainline that may be option does anybody know if they do or not.
    Yes you can purchase pre-lashed mainline. But you need to allow for some extra time to order the product. It is lashed to order by an outside firm usually allow 4 week lead time.

Delivron do you know ow much it is per ft?

Quote Originally Posted by halfast tapper View Post
    The rebar tying machine would work to, the only thing is can you get rebar tying wire in stainless. I remember 30 years ago you could only get the wire ties in steel only, after about 8 years they started rusting off.
    With a lasher you can use stainless wire.
    You can buy the wire spools with galvanized wire. You are right, you don't want to use steel.

I have used some pre lashed Lapierre mainline. It for sure takes longer to put the saddles on. One thing I didn't like was the wire spirals so it doesn't stay in the same place sometimes its on top sometimes its underneath. Another thing is that it is 9 gauge wire and I use 12.5 so I needed special crimps so I could use my 12.5 on the ends. I also ended up putting more ties on as to keep the wire tighter. I had 2000' roll of 3/4" its almost gone. I won't get it again its not worth it. You can tie pretty fast with an automatic tie tool I am hoping to work on a tie holster of some sort that might speed things up more. To each his own of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 500592 View Post
    Delivron do you know ow much it is per ft?
    Please send me a e-mail at Lapierre@northwayllc.com will get you a quote early next week.

2008 4 buckets
    ~
    2016 1300 vac tubing
    18x24 sugar shack
    2x6 Grimm Lightning w/preheater on natural gas
    7" full bank press
    CDL 600 RO
    2000 Sonoma w/ 200gal tank
    2003 Duramax w/ 500 gal tank
    2 sap guzzling kids
    very patient wife!

Same ol' addiction