+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Induction Sealer: which model do I buy?

Default Induction Sealer: which model do I buy?

I contacted Hillside Plastics and they suggested the E-IND-100HA from Technopack. I have talked to other sugar makers and they all have said the same thing. It is a great model and has had no problems. The problem is the containers are arriving this week and I need to can syrup yesterday. My syrup is selling faster than expected and I ordered the new fliptop jugs to try. Technopack does not expect to be able to fill the order until mid to late July at the earliest. The sealers are made in Sweden and they are waiting for more to arrive. Has anyone tried other models? Does anyone know where to get this model besides Technopack?
    Last edited by Farmerboy67; 07-08-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Are you sure your containers are arriving this week? My first order took 2 months longer than expected but that was with my design on them.
    I would wait for the sealer to come in. When you have problems with the sealing you will start second guessing your self that you got the wrong one.
    Once you get it and have any questions send me a pm and I can tell you what I do.

The shipping company has an appointment for Wednesday to deliver the containers. I order many times a year from Hill Side Plastics, so there is never a delay when the order will arrive. I have been investigating this sealer issue for over a month and am getting desperate. I don't want to lose sales because I can't can the syrup to sell it.

Tell me more about an induction sealer please.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

They are on E-Bay for $220.00. That's with shipping!
    3x10 Dallalre, oil fired, Stainless steel.
    Steam hoods front and rear with preheater.
    1500 taps on vac, right to sugar house.
    900 on Gravity
    New Busch 3 Phase Vacuum. (2010)
    Lapierre 600 Turbo with 2 - 8" posts
    36 years of MAPLE ENJOYMENT!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...93710737313171

Looks like it put a clear plastic seal on top of container and under cap as safety seal.
    900 on Gravity

The ones on EBay are made in china, shipped from china, and with Chinese writing for instructions. I have had very bad luck with electronic equipment from China purchased thru EBay. Most items were very poor quality.
    Last edited by Farmerboy67; 07-08-2013 at 05:46 PM.

The induction sealing process bonds a foil laminate inner seal to the lip of a container. After the container has been filled and capped with an induction-lined closure, it passes underneath the induction sealing system. The non-contact heating process welds the liner to the container creating a hermetic seal. The FDA regards induction sealing to be an effective method of tamper evidence.

When properly applied, induction lined caps provide a hermetic, leak proof, and tamper evident seal. Using an induction sealing system is ideal for extending product shelf life, preserving freshness, preventing costly leaks and enhancing your product's value.

An induction sealing machine features two standard components: the power supply and sealing head. The sealing head consists of a coiled conductor covered by plastic housing. When the power supply energizes the inductive coil, it produces an electro magnetic current, called an eddy current. When a container fitted with an induction lined cap passes through this current, the foil from the inner-seal is heated. This melts the foil's outer polymer coating, which forms a bond with the lip of the container.

It works if the jug has a flat rim, not as forgiving as a heat sensitive foam seal.

The one that I saw on E-Bay is this exact Unit made by Technopack . http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANUAL-INDUC...item1c33aa7708
    900 on Gravity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast