+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.W. Webb

Default F.W. Webb

Question for everybody. I understand it that all sugaring equipment is tax exempt. Webbs is trying to tell me now that I have to file a tax exempt form. I have no problem doing so being that we are a tax exempt farm as well. I always took it thought that this was not needed in the sugaring world. I know the big companies and suppliers never have you file these forms with them. Webbs in Rutland always ask if this is for sugaring and has a "sugarmakers" account that they put it under . The issue I'm having is with another location. Am I understanding this correctly ? Thanks to all !

some places ask for the form, some do not. dont know why. we keep a few extra tax exempt forms in my checkbook, just in case. you can find them on line and print them
    Paul & Serena
    Sugaring for over 50 years.
    4000+ taps on vacuum
    4 Airtech Vacuum Pumps
    4 X 12 Force 5 with D&G Pans
    Lapierre 1200 GPH RO

www.paulssugarhouse.com

In ny you need to use a Farmer'a Exemption form. You fill in your info and give it to whoever you buy stuff from for the farm. Check the blanket certificate box and they will keep it on file so you don't have to do it again. It's pretty basic. Here's the link;

www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/...forms/st/st125.pdf

Randy

Toad Hill Maple Farm

http://ToadHillMaple.com/

3650 Taps on Vacuum for 2010 & still expanding
    56'x64' Timberframe Sugarhouse - New for 2011
    3x10 Leader Vortex w/ Max Flue Pan & SteamAway
    1000 gph Leader Springtech RO
    777 Acres in the Adirondack Mountains

Toad Hill has it right, except that paper is only good for 2 years, or so 3 different suppliers have told me this year. Also, a couple of auction companies that I deal with have been checked out by the powers that be and are being maore careful about what they let go as tax exempt versus taxable. I have had to explain what I am using some things for so they would not charge the tax. If they get audited and they dont have the proper paper work, they get burned.
    shrunken producer, from 8,000 taps to 4,000 to 5800 to 9500 to 11,000 vac
    5x16 woodchip fired evaporator with 5x10 max flue and 5x6 revolution front pan
    CDL 20+ RO
    Double 10"filterpress

sp-11, bb2, airtech L63, L160, L230 vac pumps
    CDL low profile electric releaser
    MES 8000 electric releaser
    CDL 4000 tap mechanical releaser

i put in a order with FW Webb in St. Johnsbury, VT last week and they put it under the sugarmakers account, wasn't an issue. Webb in NY is probably a little more careful since NY has strict tax guidance and collection efforts. NY State govt needs all the taxes they can get their hands on.
    3x10 Leader Inferno Arch
    14,200 Taps
    2 - 14 HP Indiana Vacuum pump
    1800gph Lapierre RO
    10" Lapierre filter press
    2 - 25,000 tap Lapierre releasers
    3 - SS 1500 gallon tanks
    1 - SS 8,400 gallon tank
    8x8 Argo ATV
    50k John Deere generator

24'x32' sugarhouse

I had the same deal happen to me in Bennington at Webbs a few months ago. I brought the NY form with me, all filled out, and they wouldn't accept it. They told me to get the VT form. No idea where to find it. Because I bought the items in VT I supposedly needed the VT form. If they shipped it to me I would need the NY form. Who the he** knows??? They just keep changing the rules to make it more difficult for all of us.
    Leader WSE 2x6 w/hoods
    12"x20" Mason Finisher
    250 taps.. Majority on tubing
    14'x20' sugarshack
    Kubota RTV900XT
    Home built Auto Drawoff
    Leader MicRO 2 RO
    www.mallardpondmaple.com

Quote Originally Posted by stoweski View Post
    I had the same deal happen to me in Bennington at Webbs a few months ago. I brought the NY form with me, all filled out, and they wouldn't accept it. They told me to get the VT form. No idea where to find it. Because I bought the items in VT I supposedly needed the VT form. If they shipped it to me I would need the NY form. Who the he** knows??? They just keep changing the rules to make it more difficult for all of us.
    That is sad. Any farm equipment dealer here in VT that has needed one filled out handed me one to fill out. It seems like Webbs would have that form if they were serious about maple supplies. I would think they would need a tax exempt form when selling wholesale to plumbers.

I guess I will continue to buy supplies from a real maple dealer
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I have purchased from both Springfield and Brattleboro Vermont locations and neither asked me for any forms. They set my account up with 2 sub accounts, one for plumbing one for sugaring. Both were very helpful but Rod Chase (rchase) in Brattleboro is a maple nut himself and really speaks the language.
    Just my experience and 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post

I guess I will continue to buy supplies from a real maple dealer
    Went there one time because they were closer than my nearest supplier. Since that time another supplier opened close by... won't be going to Webb's anymore.
    Leader WSE 2x6 w/hoods
    12"x20" Mason Finisher
    250 taps.. Majority on tubing
    14'x20' sugarshack
    Kubota RTV900XT
    Home built Auto Drawoff
    Leader MicRO 2 RO
    www.mallardpondmaple.com

Who is the new dealer close by?
    Still learning after all these years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast