+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ro membranes

Hybrid View

Default Ro membranes

In looking at RO machines I find a lot of different membranes mentioned. Is there anywhere I can find a comparison of or pros/cons of the different makes and types?

Check out Atlantic ro membranes
    http://atlanticro.com/1.FilmTecMapleSheet.pdf
    Joe has good prices. look over his website. This is where I get mine
    Keith

two of my friends switched to these membranes this year and couldn't believe how much more they got out of there ro's. http://www.mapleexperts.com/ . The website should be complete soon from what I hear.

I have tried several different membranes and like the XLE440 the best. They are also cheap through Joe at Atlantic RO.

Default MES Membranes

I had a chance to test these membranes this year. I have them in a CDL 3 post, 7.5hp high pressure pump machine. I started out the season with my 1 year old H2o membranes to get a benchmark. I made 400 gallons with the H2O and 2900 gallons with the MES membranes. They asked me to beat the h*ll out of them, don't soap em, quick rinses, don't treat them good. I did work them hard. I rinsed them every night and I think I went 9 days without a soap wash. I usually ro my sap in 2 steps, 2.0 to 10% and 10 to 20-22%. This gives me maximum removal of permeate per hour. The first pass takes out most of the water at a high rate and the second passes pushes it up to 20-22% at a lower rate. The MES membranes out flowed the H2O by 10-20% and held their flow rates longer than the H2O(at 2-10). I have tried running my H2O membranes from 2-20% and they don't like it at all. The MES membranes will do it pretty well, but the flow rates are less than when doing 2-10%. When I went from 10-20 with my H2O and switched back to 2-10, I would have to rinse for 15-20 minutes to get the flows back up. With the MES I rinse for about 5 minutes with sap and they come right back.

I bought my first Ro in 1986. I have tried all the membranes over the years. I liked the H2O the best until I got the MES membranes. I am sold on the MES membranes and would highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by rapovt View Post
    I had a chance to test these membranes this year. I have them in a CDL 3 post, 7.5hp high pressure pump machine. I started out the season with my 1 year old H2o membranes to get a benchmark. I made 400 gallons with the H2O and 2900 gallons with the MES membranes. They asked me to beat the h*ll out of them, don't soap em, quick rinses, don't treat them good. I did work them hard. I rinsed them every night and I think I went 9 days without a soap wash. I usually ro my sap in 2 steps, 2.0 to 10% and 10 to 20-22%. This gives me maximum removal of permeate per hour. The first pass takes out most of the water at a high rate and the second passes pushes it up to 20-22% at a lower rate. The MES membranes out flowed the H2O by 10-20% and held their flow rates longer than the H2O(at 2-10). I have tried running my H2O membranes from 2-20% and they don't like it at all. The MES membranes will do it pretty well, but the flow rates are less than when doing 2-10%. When I went from 10-20 with my H2O and switched back to 2-10, I would have to rinse for 15-20 minutes to get the flows back up. With the MES I rinse for about 5 minutes with sap and they come right back.

I bought my first Ro in 1986. I have tried all the membranes over the years. I liked the H2O the best until I got the MES membranes. I am sold on the MES membranes and would highly recommend them.
    How much $? Doe they make their own or are they re-branded?
    Last edited by Mark; 05-11-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Mark,

I co-own and operate Maple Expert Solutions, MES as it has become, and I was told about the talk of our membranes so I wanted to get on Maple Trader and answer your questions.

The membrane expected price will be $800 + approximately $25 in shipping (actual shipping costs will be billed) until July 1st. After July 1st $875 + the same shipping details. Pickup is available. The membranes are our own in house technology. The trial membranes were produced by a major membrane manufacturer with our licensed patented technology. This major membrane manufacturer will produce further orders for us, thus giving a quality end product. Due to the fact that we must produce runs of our membrane, this is why we will be pre-ordering starting May 27th and is anticipated to end Aug 2nd. To keep the costs low we are not holding inventory and those that miss the pre-order will not have a chance to get their hands on these membranes for this up coming season.

Commenting on the testing of the membranes by rapovt: We wanted to give these membranes the absolute worst time. We wanted to see what the membranes would do under the absolute worst conditions, pushed to limits of washing, rinsing, and concentrating. We do not advocate treating a membrane like this normally, but from the test results, the membrane can handle the abuse. It is often hard to project performance in subsequent years of operation. By pushing the membranes harder than normal, we were working on projecting flows and performance of years to come.

Much much more detail and information will be loaded onto our website: www.mapleexperts.com and will be going live May 27th. We will have comparable analysis, washing instructions, membrane specifications, etc. It is a pleasure to introduce this membrane and we hope all will enjoy.
    Last edited by claytski; 05-27-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Pricing Change

+ Reply to Thread