+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubblemaster 1.0!

Quote Originally Posted by 802maple View Post
    Seems like some copyright infringements of a Lincoln, VT. R and D guy and patent infringement on a Buxton, Me. manufacturer. LOL
    Would that R & D guy from Lincoln VT be you? I worked closely with the Buxton ME manufacturer when I built mine. My design is slightly different than his but the difference in mine was his suggestion. As far as copyright infringement goes does anybody else call theirs a Bubblemaster?
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

I guess you got me there. LOL
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

– Thomas Edison

Do you guys have a rough formula to figure how many cfm you need in a blower for a bubbler?
    Andy's Own Maple
    Andy Kinter (4th + generation maple producer)
    Approx 790 taps on vacuum

3x10 nat. gas fired raised flue small bros.
    600 gph Lapierre RO
    Fine collection of used bulk tanks
    Kubota MX5100 sap hauler
    2 hives (that I don't spend enough time on)
    A great family that works together to make syrup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andys...27718203945398
    http://photobucket.com/mapleack

Quote Originally Posted by mapleack View Post
    Do you guys have a rough formula to figure how many cfm you need in a blower for a bubbler?
    I didn't use a formula. I just bought a small 6 gallon shop vac and it moves more than enough air for the bubbler that I built. A friend of mine used the same vacuum when he built one for his 3x8 evaporator.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

This the blower that is used in the manufactured bubblers, Ametek 116472-13 Blower / Vacuum Motor 4M937
    Success is not final,failure is not fatal.It is courage to continue that really counts

– Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by 802maple View Post
    This the blower that is used in the manufactured bubblers, Ametek 116472-13 Blower / Vacuum Motor 4M937
    Thanks Jerry, I wanted to buy a spare blower but have not yet figured out what it is. I will order one online today.

Mark I would double check yours before ordering, because there has been some made with different blowers, The one I put up is the most used though.

– Thomas Edison

Mine has a 3 stage and the one you listed was a 2 stage. I found the right one, I was comparing the pictures with mine and noticed a difference. Thanks again.

Russ, one interesting variable is hot-air versus cold-air injection. It seems to me that the air injection does two things; 1) agitate the syrup and 2) cool the bottom of the pan. I'm wondering which variable is the most critical. I'm just guessing, but to me it seems that injecting hot air, drawn from a plenum around the stack for example, would do the agitation just as well AND might increase the boil rate by increasing the temp significantly since the stack temp is probably at or over 400 degrees. Perhaps this would increase the evaporation rate enough to keep the syrup from carmelizing and darkening. My fear is that cold air injection might have the negative effect of lengthening the boil-time over that of hot air. I haven't read-up on it, I'm just speculating. (more things to try...more things to spend money on....it never ends.).

Doc
    Wood-fired, home-made evaporator
    Glenlivet-fired operator

I am not going to say that warm air won't increase the boil because i don't know, but I do know that cold air doesn't decrease the boil. Because of the constant agitation actually it increases the boil. This technology is not new as the Steamaway, Piggy back and CDL steam pan do the same thing and they evaporate sap even though they never come to a true boil as they never get over 195 to 200 degrees. In a woodfired unit I have seen up to 15% increased boil due to the bubbler. Typically because of the constant heat a oil fired evaporator doesn't show as much of an increase, especially if it is a hard boiling unit.

– Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast