+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bubblemaster 1.0!

While I don't have one yet, I have studied this idea to some length. You don't need a real big blower, but it must be high pressure and you want to be sure the supply air is being pulled from an area where it will not pick up any bad smells (diesel exhaust, or any other bad smells).
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Yes, it is a high pressure blower, the Dayton radial blower recommended by Cornell for a 2x8 evaporator
    A&A 2x8 raised flue with hoods and preheater, converted to oil with carlin 201 for 2021
    8x12 kitchen
    8x12 canning room
    H20 7.5 1200 Econox for 2018 added 2nd membrane for 2020
    H2O 10" filter press half bank
    H2O 2430 gallon storage tank
    700+ 5/16 on vacuum, 1000+ on 3/16

so for my 2x6 oil fired which would be the better option the dayton or the Ametek 116472-13 Blower for a bubbler in both pans

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnjake9 View Post
    so for my 2x6 oil fired which would be the better option the dayton or the Ametek 116472-13 Blower for a bubbler in both pans
    I'm not sure if those are high pressure blowers or not. The blower has to put out enough pressure to force the air through the tubes and up through the sap. I use a small shop vac that I bought just for the Bubblemaster. The advantage of using a shop vac is that it has a filter in it. The disadvantage is the noise it makes.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    I'm not sure if those are high pressure blowers or not. The blower has to put out enough pressure to force the air through the tubes and up through the sap. I use a small shop vac that I bought just for the Bubblemaster. The advantage of using a shop vac is that it has a filter in it. The disadvantage is the noise it makes.
    The Ametek listed is for a central vacuum. That is the one Jerry recommended.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    The Ametek listed is for a central vacuum. That is the one Jerry recommended.
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if it's quieter than a shop vac?
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if it's quieter than a shop vac?
    I do not have one in my sugarhouse. I can tell you the central vac in my house is probably not quieter than a shop vac. I am still in the bubblemaster planning stage. lol
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

Shop vac's are great but the motors are not rated for continuous use. I been through two in two years. I'm looking at an electric leaf blower next.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcole View Post
    Shop vac's are great but the motors are not rated for continuous use. I been through two in two years. I'm looking at an electric leaf blower next.
    I'm using the smallest shop vac from Lowes on mine and am still using the same one that I bought in 2013. I rarely boiled for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.
    Russ

I'm on year three with my 3.5 gallon craftsman shop vac, its awesome , I ran it from outside with pvc to keep the noise down. I built a small shelter under the deck for my bulk tank for it to keep the noise down. Thanks again Russell for all the help.
    2011 2x6 leader and 125 taps and 30 buckets
    2012 another 200 taps on line and an addition to the sugar house
    2013 hoping to hit 400 taps on line and 25 buckets and adding a sap Guzzler
    2014 Brand new D&G 3x10 traditional evaporator and going to 450
    2015 D&G 3x10 and kicking the door on 500 on line
    My wife Marci who puts up with me buying "Maple Stuff"
    1 65 yr old father inlaw who is priceless
    And the good Lord above Amen
    Lakeview Blueberries/Maple Syrup on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast