+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bubbler AND pan washer?

Hybrid View

Default Bubbler AND pan washer?

Crazy question: We recently went to the Bascom's open house and talked with Tom(?) who does all sorts of welding and soldering of stainless. I was flipping through his photo album of projects had had done and came to what I assumed was a bubbler. When I asked him about it, he said "lots of people think that's what it is, but it was really a pan cleaner built for a specific customer."

Well....it got me thinking as to why couldn't it be used for both? Have a set of valves that allow either air to be injected when boiling or water to be injected for cleaning. Would this be possible? Has anyone tried such a thing?

Thanks!
    2016 - 2 x 4 Randy Worthen built arch and pans 11 taps; 2.625 gallons of syrup!
    2017 - 29 taps; 11.625 gallons of syrup!
    2018 - 30 taps; 98 pints bottled! New sugar house being built, new equipment coming!
    2019 - 125 taps; 50 gallons made! New 2x6 Smoky Lake Corsair arch, drop flue pan, auto draw. Smoky Lake filter press and Steam Bottler
    2020 - 173 taps; only 35 gallons made.
    2021 - 242 taps; New record! 50.5 gallons made!
    2022 - 321 taps; New record! 80 gallons made!

That question might best be directed at Tom. Send Bascom an email and explain the seminar you attended at request him to answer this question. I't possible it can be dual purposed, as long as the proper input is there, but maybe it will not. I think the bubblers have air outlets every few inches along the bottom, maybe the cleaner has only one or fewer or maybe just the wrong size outlets for the second use. In that case, maybe 1 set up with 2 sets of tubes. At any rate, ask Tom?
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread