+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubblemaster 1.0!

Default Bubblemaster 1.0!

Here are some pics of the air injection system that I built for my evaporator. The Bubblemaster 1.0! Before the Bubblemaster 1.0 all I was making was grade B and darker syrup. On March 19 I boiled for the first time with the Bubblemaster and since then right up to the very end I continued to make grade A syrup. That was close to half of my crop this season.

0319130940.jpg0319130939.jpg0319130951.jpg0319130952.jpg0319130952a.jpg
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Wow that's impressive! What type of blower did you use and where did you locate it at?
    19 years old
    Always working alongside my father
    Running a Half-Pint by Leader with a Full Pint Pan by Smoky Lake Maple
    2011-2012: 10 buckets in the yard, 82 on gravity
    2013: 149 on gravity, 10 buckets in the yard
    12X16 sugarhouse

I used a new shop vac and put it outside on the platform next to my feed tank. I used 1 1/2" PVC pipe to connect it to the Bubblemaster.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

I never would have thought of that. Nicely done!
    19 years old
    Always working alongside my father
    Running a Half-Pint by Leader with a Full Pint Pan by Smoky Lake Maple
    2011-2012: 10 buckets in the yard, 82 on gravity
    2013: 149 on gravity, 10 buckets in the yard
    12X16 sugarhouse

100_0042.jpg100_0045.jpg100_0049 (2).jpg 2 Air Injector Filter Pumps on the outside of sap house.Air Injector pipes in sap evaporator and air injector pipes in finish evaporator.
    D&G 24x96 with 12 inch cook plate Drop Flue Evaporator, Home made Preheater & Hood. Home made Butter Machine. D&G 7" Short Filter Press. http://www.facebook.com/HillbillyMapleSyrup/ 300 Taps on Vacuum , 2016.

What do you think would be the optimum CFM required? I wanna see if I can get a little squirrel cage blower and make a manifold for it. so is that 1 inch pipe that the 3/8 pipe is conected to? if that is 3/8 tubing?

and its hard to see how did you connect the smaller tubbing onto the larger pipe? I am really gonna do this for next year as well. See how it goes!!!
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red maples View Post
    What do you think would be the optimum CFM required? I wanna see if I can get a little squirrel cage blower and make a manifold for it. so is that 1 inch pipe that the 3/8 pipe is conected to? if that is 3/8 tubing?

and its hard to see how did you connect the smaller tubbing onto the larger pipe? I am really gonna do this for next year as well. See how it goes!!!
    I think you will need a radial blower (like a shop vac) I do not believe a squirrel cage would have enough pressure.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

You are blowing air into the hot liquid evaporating? Never herd of this before what is the purpose of this you allude to the fact that it produces a lighter grade of syrup why would that be this is very interesting post.
    Homemade 3x8 continuos flow evaporator 3x4 flat syrup pan and 3x4 drop flu pan
    Homemade 3/4 " parallel flow stainless preheater
    Homemade 300 gallon collection tank trailer
    500 taps on bags in Northern Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by b116757 View Post
    You are blowing air into the hot liquid evaporating? Never herd of this before what is the purpose of this you allude to the fact that it produces a lighter grade of syrup why would that be this is very interesting post.
    Yes, there have been some testing and pictures posted on using this method. There was a huge improvement in syrup grade using the air injection.
    2012: Probably 750 gravity taps and 50 buckets.

600 gal stainless milk tank.
    2 - 100 gallon stock tanks
    one 30 gal barrel
    50 buckets

3' x 10' Waterloo Raised Flue wood fired evaporator w/ open pans.

12" x 20" Filter Canner

Sawmill next to sugarhouse solves my sugarwood problem

Gather with GMC 3500 2wd Pickup w/ 425 gallon Plastic Tank.

Been tapping here in Lyman NH since 1989 but I've been sugaring since 8 years old in 1968.

Brad the manifolds are 1" pipe and the tubes are soft copper. I soldered compression fittings into the manifolds to attach the tubes with. The volume of air with a squirrel cage will probably be enough but it may not make enough pressure to push the bubbles up through the sap in the flue pan.

b116757 the air bubbles are pointed to the bottom of the pans to stir / force the nitre up so that it doesn't sit there and burn. This is a big problem for producers that concentrate their sap to higher percentages with their RO's. The sap in my flue pan was the color of syrup or darker before it even come into the front pan. I concentrate up to 18% before I boil.
    Russ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast