+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maple MadnessŪ, What a Success!

Default Maple MadnessŪ, What a Success!

For those of you who were able to be a part of Maple MadnessŪ this year, thank you! We were able to quantifiy the web traffic for Maple Madness as an indicator for visitor/tourism activity. Based on data from incoming links, the traffic from tourists and maple consumers made up 90% of our web traffic at www.ohiomaple.org. That is excellent! Here is a website traffic trend I'd like to share: www.ohiomaple.org went from 147 unique visitors in the month of June 2012. Just for the month of March 2013, we had over 4300 unique visitors and we are a little over half way throught the month. That is pretty good web traffic growth.

Sugarhouse participation was up 30% for 2013. However, it will most likely be up by as much at 25% for 2014's tour. Participation could easily double from all of the press coverage. One of our biggest needs is tour stops south of I-70, as we received numerous phone call looking for a Maple MadnessŪ tour stops in the southern part of Ohio. We also understand that the season starts and ends sooner in the southern part of the State. That should be address for 2014. We'd like to have a earlier tour dates south of I-70. If you have a sugarhouse south of I-70, you would have a great advantage over the northern sugarhouses: lots and lots of tourists with very few sugarhouses participating.

We know we have some improvements to make, both for OMPA's web site and the infrastructure to Maple MadnessŪ. We will continue to get better every year. Thanks to those that have made this a success. Maple MadnessŪ is completely a volunteer effort. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to attend our OMPA board meeting in April. We are always looking for additional help or volunteers. So bring your ideas and suggestions, we'd be happy to have you on board.
    Make sure you check out our YouTube Channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/bissellmaplefarm

www.bissellmaplefarm.com

I was wondering if anyone here was a part of that. My dad was in Ohio and brought me back a newspaper article about it.
    2012- Can't Remember 1st year...
    2013- 41 taps made 13 Gallons of Syrup
    2014- 20 taps made 5.5 Gallons of Syrup
    2015- 43 Taps made 10 Gallons of Syrup
    2016- 43 Taps...

+ Reply to Thread