+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tapping NE Wisconsin [Florence County]

Default Tapping NE Wisconsin [Florence County]

Looking at the long range forcast, it looks like I will tap around March 20. I've been making syrup here for 40 years and this is a pretty normal tap date. The last couple years of early spring got some thinking that late February was normal, but that has not been the case through the years. I packed my haul road last week. We still have about 2' of snow in the woods and another 4"-8" in the forcast for Monday. I'm hopefull for a good run this year. Last year it lasted a grand total of 10 days for me.

I usually tap on St Pat's day, be later this year. We are back to normal spring here. A few miles into Marinette county from Florence Co.

I tapped a few weeks ago (yeah, I know.....). I'm between Crivitz and Pembine and I have gotten 1.5 gallons of sap per tap so far for the season. Not great but at least I'm making a bit of syrup.

I tapped on March 8th and 9th. At this point I'm letting the sap dripple onto the ground out of my tubing. I don't want to take a chance of letting the sap freeze up in the releaser, pump or tanks. At least my tubing is getting some additional flushing. In the last week, we have gotten over another foot of snow, so I'm glad I tapped before this additional snow arrived.

tapping in forest county we have a new RO (first one)can't wait to use it.

More snow yesterday, the forecast looks like warmer weather is just around the corner. I'm going to tap tomorrow. Looks like snowshoes will have to get dusted off!!

I put in 75 taps,buckets & bags on the 20th. They finally started to drip a little yesterday afternoon. Looking at the forecast we should be boiling this weekend.

Put out 21 taps yesterday that were the easiest to get to, running pretty fair then. Today we're getting blasted with snow, wet, heavy snow. Will have to call in help to plow some trails so I can get started for the big run. Snow forecast tomorrow ,Easter snow storm is here.

I had a good run Thurs, Fri,Sat. Finished 4 gallons yesterday. Real cold the last couple days .9 deg this morning. Looks like it should start to run again tomorrow.

Cooked first batch on Friday the 5th, 75 gallons tested at 4.25%, yielded just over 3 gallons syrup. Best I've ever done. Got another 75 gallons to cook today and still waiting for a good run. HAGD guys this year is having fun at a cost, mud, snow, rain,cold, wind and very little sun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast