+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tapping NE Wisconsin [Florence County]

Got some help so tapped today and the sap was running. Forecast long range looks good so will find out how much I can rely on this computer forecast in a week. Help coming next weekend so hope to fill them bags to the top a bunch of times.

My post of 3-17 I found out that the weather man was wrong. It's now April 5 and have collected 15 gallons from 65 taps. Not enough to start a fire in the evaporator. I quit last yr on April 3 and thinking I'll be finishing this yr in May. WTH

It looks like we are back in the 60's and 70"s again Terry. When my Dad was making syrup back then, he would only start making syrup maybe 1 out every 5 or 6 years in March. Otherwise all his syrup was made in April. It is looking better later next week.

I had one boil at the end of march. and a second one yesterday. looking at the 10 day forecast it should be good for the next 2 weeks(I hope). We still have 20 inches of snow on the ground yet... This my 3rd year tapping but it sure does seem late in the season.

It was a disaster! 22 quarts for the yr. 2018 was so pathetic it doesn't even get entered in "the book."

Quote Originally Posted by TerryF View Post
    It was a disaster! 22 quarts for the yr. 2018 was so pathetic it doesn't even get entered in "the book."
    How many taps do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456