+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sap running in Dunn county!!

Default Sap running in Dunn county!!

We have been collecting here in northern dunn county for 5 days now, I know its early but after last year we didn't want to miss any runs. Anyone else in the area collecting yet?

Is there a lot of flow or is it still rather slow? Hope we will have time to get out there this week. Don't want to miss it.Glo

Slow, but it is adding up!

Here is Madison, I've had my taps out for a week. No run's yet. Just some dripping. The weather looks good starting Thurs. Can't wait. What do you filter with?
    2010-two taps, gas grill, steamer pan = a bunch of small bottles. On the back porch.
    2011-four taps, gas grill, steamer pan = about a gallon. On the back porch until it rained, moved to garage.
    2012-forty taps, stainless steel soup cooker w/ propane. Half gallon (late start/bad year). Honda 3-wheeler. At Sparky's Shack.
    2013 – haven’t started yet

Just tapped down here in Walworth County yesterday. Most had a steady drip, but 34 degrees and cloudy today slowed things down. Hopefully by Thursday we'll be running strong
    18x24" homemade batch cooker
    About a dozen taps
    Work way too much but...
    Have understanding wife and 3 kids

Hung a test bucket yesterday at our place East of River Falls. It was only 26 degrees, but the tree was in the sun. Didn't look wet when I tapped, but this morning, there was evidence of a couple of drips. Planning on tapping on Wednesday if the forecast for upper thirties doesn't change. the trees are starting to melt the snow away from the trunks, which seems to be a good sign that we're getting close. good luck everyone.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Default Just a few drips

We put in a little over 300 taps over the weekend, just a few drips. Now with the weather cooling I'm sure we won't see any run until late in the week at least.
    We're fifty miles south of superior

We've been tapping for a while, getting ready. I am 95% tapped. Over the weekend, about 1 in 10 trees were wet, not running as it was below freezing, but the trees were soaking up the sun. So I had my first taste of 2013 sap!
    Plan on having woods done and pumps and tanks ready by Thursday am. Looks like go time.
    Jeff Emerson
    www.emersonsmaplehill.com
    3x12 Leader with over air, custom piggyback, 600gph CDL RO
    2500 on 25" vacuum
    350 4 wheeler, 500 snowmobile, and 1950's Ford 600 tractor, Husqvarna! (261, 372xpBigBore, 562xp), Stihl MS193 for in tree work

So more snow!! Plowed from the yard out to the woods today. Checked all the tubing and put the pails back on the tree's. This afternoon around 2 there was around a gallon in the collection barrel, and old faithful (oldest and largest tree on the farm) has over a gallon in its pail alone. Hope everyone else is getting through the snow. The forcast is starting to look better!!
    2012 1st year
    14 taps with buckets
    9 quarts of the sweet stuff!
    Home made 18"x28" evaporator on modified wood stove

25 taps on tubing
    20 taps with buckets

Larson Valley Farms
    Brad Larson

Hello lenp…I am in Barnes….How is your sap running?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast