+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Husky

Default New Husky

My self reward for 12 days of OT in Plaqemines parish. Getting time to cut some wood around here. now if I can quit straining my back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SevenCreeksSap
    About 80 taps and a sapsucker.
    A wife who doesn't shop and lets me buy Maple stuff

The picture is blurred, what model and bar length did you get? I have 2 huskies and really like them. I have a 359/20" bar and a 365/20" & 34" bars. The 34" bar is only used on occassions when I either have a BIG tree to drop or a big log to buck on my sawmill. The big trees I could usually cut with a 20" but the big bar is handier. Bucking big logs on the mill is much easier if I can cut from one side only. That is really why I bought that bar length.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Picture is blurry isnt it. crappy camera, not shaky hands. Its a 435, with a 16" bar. all I've had until now is poulan because they're cheaper, but I go through one in 3-4 years. Maybe this one will last longer if I take care of it better. definitely an upgrade.
    SevenCreeksSap
    About 80 taps and a sapsucker.
    A wife who doesn't shop and lets me buy Maple stuff

lol nice saw, but i thought you got yourself a new dog
    Chris

2010: 8 taps, got the bug and had to build a barrel arch to boil on with a borrowed 2x2 flat pan
    2011: 13 taps, made changes to my arch, doubled my boil rate
    2012: 31 taps, and a new homemade 275 oil tank arch
    for my new ( to me) 2x4 divided pan

Quote Originally Posted by SevenCreeksSap View Post
    Picture is blurry isnt it. crappy camera, not shaky hands. Its a 435, with a 16" bar. all I've had until now is poulan because they're cheaper, but I go through one in 3-4 years. Maybe this one will last longer if I take care of it better. definitely an upgrade.
    Not sure what you had for Poulan's but if they were Poulan Pros there isn't much difference between those and the Husky's. Husky owns Poulan and the Husky is made in the same plant as the Poulan right here in the USA.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    The picture is blurred, what model and bar length did you get? I have 2 huskies and really like them. I have a 359/20" bar and a 365/20" & 34" bars. The 34" bar is only used on occassions when I either have a BIG tree to drop or a big log to buck on my sawmill. The big trees I could usually cut with a 20" but the big bar is handier. Bucking big logs on the mill is much easier if I can cut from one side only. That is really why I bought that bar length.
    I've run a Husky 359 with a 20" bar for the last 4 - 5 years. I've got no complaints at all.
    2 x 6 Grimm raised flue for 2012 season. Rebuilding a 3 x 13 for 2013. 51 Ford 8N, St. Bernard, 30+ chickens.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/cardigan99/

I also bought a HUSKY 435 after my Poulon burned up. First better grade saw I have owned and I am very pleased with it. The difference in the 435 to my Poulon is night and day. I can't imagine what a top of the line saw must be like!
    2x3 Patrick Phaneuf Divided Pan
    Homemade arch
    RB20 RO Bucket
    121 taps total
    Sugar Shack in future
    Wife into it as much as me
    Also do homebrew

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/ZMANSYRUP/

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Lampron View Post
    Not sure what you had for Poulan's but if they were Poulan Pros there isn't much difference between those and the Husky's. Husky owns Poulan and the Husky is made in the same plant as the Poulan right here in the USA.
    Husky saws are NOT currently made at the Poulan plant in the USA nor are they made anywhere other than the plant in Husqvarna Sweden.

Not sure about that, definitely some retailers listing Husqvarna saws as made in America. Seems to be some conflicting info online. Still nice saws, though. I'll stick to my Stihl for now (still on the lookout for that Dolmar/Makita 7900 though).
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Motowbrowne, I recently bought a Makita/Dolmar dcs6421 and just love it. Baileys had it on sale for $599, the comparable Husky was $725. After chucking my 455 rancher for the last time out of frustration, I decided to get a pro saw. The Dolmars are very well made with plenty of power. I've owned Husqvarna, Jonsered and poulan before,(smaller saws), and the Makita is a big step up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast