+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recent Thefts in New Hampshire Sugarhouses

Default Recent Thefts in New Hampshire Sugarhouses

I just received this bulletin from the New Hampshire Maple Producers Association and thought I would pass it along:

- UNLOCKED SUGAR HOUSES -

It has been reported that there has been equipment stolen in an around
    Grafton County sugarhouses on several occasions. This has happened as far south
    as
    Brattleboro, VT as well. Different items have been taken, even a Steam-a-way.
    Please call Troop F of the NH State Police 271-1170 if you have any
    information regarding this.

BE AWARE, AN UNLOCKED SUGAR HOUSE IS AN INVITATION FOR THIEVES!
    The Maple Guys Lapierre New England
    www.mapleguys.com
    PO Box 628
    327 Forest Road
    Wilton NH 03086
    1-888-MAPLEGY (627-5349)
    Local (603) 654-2415
    Cell (603) 801-3158

I keep mine locked but at this time of year I do have some things outside the sugarhouse. I have never had a problem yet but will try to secure things better. Thanks for the heads up. I sure hope they catch those who are stealing the maple equip. I'll bet you they are not producers but just lazy thugs who see a quick buck and do not even know what they are taking nor it's true value. Might even be scrapping it, i hear scrap is real high lately. Personally I can't stand anyone who is not honest and I conduct all of my business that way.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I was talking to a generator dealer last year and they told me this one guy had his generator and his evaporator stolen!!!!!! ....Pretty bad when ya have to lock up everything you own......

+ Reply to Thread