+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waiting patiently....

Im out of town right now, but my daughter said there was a golf ball size amount of sap in the corner of the bag on my test tree today. I will likely begin to tap in earnest on Tuesday.

I've been helping a friend tap his vacuum lines last couple days, done bout 700 so far had a few dribbling, but that's about it.[QUOTE][/

Still waiting to tap here in Ottertail County. Tried a couple test taps, but no flow yet. Weather doesn't look too promising...more snow and below freezing temps coming. Anyone had any sufficient flow in west central MN?

I've got a hundred taps in near Underwood. Nothing yet, but the trees are still frozen. My daughter said a silver in our yard dripped a little today (our test tree). The forecst does not look all that good for early next week, but as soon as it warms we could be off to the races. The forecasts this time of year are always a little iffy - they forecast a high of 35 and we hit low 40's etc. When it starts, I just hope it lines up with my days off.

I've got 21 taps in Maple Grove MN. I collected 4.5 gallons of sap today. I'm hoping the forcast is wrong. I live in a residential area and tap trees of neibors, and these trees always get going before the trees we do in the woods. We will be tapping the woods probably mid week.

Well I think i've learned my lesson about tapping early....Having lived in MN my whole life you'd think i'd have a handle on when the weather is going to change for the better. I remember pleanty of Easters with lots of snow and cold weather...On a more positive note after yesterdays high of 40 I went out and gathered about three gallons off of two trees ....All of my other taps are wet or dripping, just not fast enough.

Tim

We had about 10 gal off of 115 taps on vac. Most trees were trying to run but its too cold, had -1 wednsday morning...

Very slow here in Annandale. In three days with 20 taps I got enough to make a quart of syrup last night. It's got to get better.
    Homemade 2x6 arch 2'x2' syrup pan 2'x4' sap pan 100 taps on bags

If misery loves company, it has been slow in Isanti also. I have about 82 taps out and have gathered about 50 gallons of sap total. It seems as though some trees are doing well, but others are bone dry. Are we still too early?

we pulled about 700 gallons today on 1300 taps. Some taps are still dry here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast