+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help needed in Norway/Oxford Hills

Default Help needed in Norway/Oxford Hills

Hello I have 12 or 15 trees I tap and just built an evaporator out of 275 gal. Oil drum and would love to tap a few more trees so I can really used the new evaporator to its full potential. I'm hoping some one could help me identify a few more sugar maples, I know this summer I found 5 or so maples in a little bush but need some help.... I live in Norway/oxford area (right on the line) I would be happy to pay for your time or gas! I have a snowmobiles 4 wheelers and lots of time to find them but with winter here I really struggle any help or maybe you know some one? Thanks!

I tap what ever maple there was my 1st year. I tapped 40 white maples and had a 43 to 1. So if it's a maple tap it.
    Brian
    Velvet Hollow Sugarworks
    Greenwood, Maine
    900 taps
    CDL 2X6, leader RO

Good to hear, I could do that just thought I could get a little help starting out from some one with more knowledge. How are things in greenwood are you ready?

I just sent you a private message
    Brian
    Velvet Hollow Sugarworks
    Greenwood, Maine
    900 taps
    CDL 2X6, leader RO

I may be going that way one night this week after work. Send me a P M with ur name and number. Will contact u. Brain said it best tap all the maples and boil the sap. It all taste great.
    best outdoor syrup made in Maine...... loosing that title as we are moving indoors to a 12x16 sugar shack with a new to us 2x6 .
    Making syrup.

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww248/TapME/

+ Reply to Thread