+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Releaser Question

Default Releaser Question

Looking to get a sap extractor but am a bit confused by the terminology. Is a releaser and an extractor the same thing?
    Can someone tell me the difference between a double extractor and a continuous vacuum extractor? Also I see Lapierre and Bernard extractors that appear identical. What is the difference between these two brands?

Releaser and extractor are the same thing. A double extractor has a slight vacuum loss while switching from one container to the other while a continous one is not suppose to loose any. Lapierre and Bernard I believe are both made by Lapierre they are slightly different in some case. For instance the double vertical the switch from one side ot the other differently. The Bernard has a pivoting arm and the Lapierre has an internal sliding mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by unc23win View Post
    Releaser and extractor are the same thing. A double extractor has a slight vacuum loss while switching from one container to the other while a continous one is not suppose to loose any. Lapierre and Bernard I believe are both made by Lapierre they are slightly different in some case. For instance the double vertical the switch from one side ot the other differently. The Bernard has a pivoting arm and the Lapierre has an internal sliding mechanism.
    The term extractor seams to be used for one with a pump to remove the sap and releaser is one that gravity dumps the sap into a tank under it.

A double does not lose vac while switching. It has a common manifold that the sap comes into with check valves into each chamber. The difference between a single and a double is tap capacity.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I think a releaser and an extractor are the same thing Leader catergorizes them as Releaser (Extractor) Bascoms calls them both Lapierre calls them all Extractors. The Airablo ELECTRIC belly releasers have pumps on them. Just my thinking that a regular double extractor does loose vacuum or should I say doesn't maintain the same level. Or there would be no need to call another one CONTINOUS. The way I understand it with a continous both containers have vacuum to them it is like having two singles operating only they operate with one vacuum feed and have the same mainlines feeding into them.

+ Reply to Thread