+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mason 2x3

On the side of the motor there should be a Small rectangle box held on with a small screw remove that there will be a white wire a black wire and a green screw. The blowers from mason are 110 volt. I used a lead cord and cut the female end off and. You put white to white and black to black with wire nuts use the green screw to hold the ground (green) wire from the cord too. And plug it in. A reastat switch wired in line will help to control the blower speed you will be able to tune your fire better
    2023 2x5 Smoky Lake
    170 taps on 3/16 tubing
    50 buckets

so a direct plug, not a battery, excellent. II received a blower control from Mr Mason I assume it goes inline. What about a fuse?
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

Wiring is simple as mentioned above
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

A ground fault outlet to plug into wouldn’t be a bad idea. A lot of liquid and moisture in a sugar house. No fuse needed
    2023 2x5 Smoky Lake
    170 taps on 3/16 tubing
    50 buckets

Thank you so very much, fellow sappers. I'm glad not to have to do the battery thing this year.

well, clearly I have messed up. 3 wire gfci plug to box. splice 2 wire switch and ground wire to that, then splice black and white wires from the switch to the blower wires.

Problem: fan is on all the time and on full. the dial does not turn the blower down, nor does the off switch turn it off. Please help?

Are you using a ceiling fan type switch? you have to carry neutral (white), and also ground(green) from box to blower. Line (black ) gets wired thru switch and also varistor in series. Do you have a Pic of setup?

There should e two brass (gold ) screws on the side of the reastat switch black wires get connected to them white wires get hoked together. Ground wire is connected to green screw
    2023 2x5 Smoky Lake
    170 taps on 3/16 tubing
    50 buckets

I have 2 red and one green (I assumed ground) coiming out of the switch. There is no indicator on the switch wiring diagram which is which. I have one black and one white coming out of the motor. I did not notice a green scerew for the ground on the motor but did notice a green wire from the little box to the motor. I connected nothing to that.

I have one black, one white, one green coming out of my power cord. I wired the greens (power cord + switch) together, wired the black power cord with one red switch wire, then ran an extension down to the motor black wire. I did the same with the white wire.

Should I assume the reastat is the blower switch Mr Mason included with my blower? It has an on/off setting and is very much like a dimmer switch for lighting.
    Last edited by eustis22; 02-05-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Black wire from your power cord goes to one of the red wires on your switch. Then the other red wire on your switch you hook the black wire to your blower motor. The white wire from your power cord can be wire nutted in the switch box to the white wire going to your blower motor. Green wires are ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast