+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New York Maple to be Served at Presidential Inauguration luncheon!

Default New York Maple to be Served at Presidential Inauguration luncheon!

HUDSON VALLEY, N.Y. -- A sneak peak at the Presidential Inauguration luncheon meal and Hudson Valley items are on the menu. Golden Harvest Apples from Columbia County and Crown Maple Syrup from Dutchess County will be sampled at the ceremony.

“The opportunity to be part of the Inaugural Luncheon and the history of the Inaugural Luncheon, the great menus they put together for that. To be part of that is really something special,” said Crown Maple President Tyge Rugenstein.

The Dover Plains company prides themselves on using the latest technologies to produce syrup that’s catching the attention of chefs nationwide.

“We have Crown Maple used twice, both in our butternut sauce puree for the entree and then our maple caramel sauce for the apple pie,” said Inaugural Chef Shannon Shaffer.

Culinary Institute of America graduate Shannon Shaffer will be serving as head chef at the luncheon for the second time. He says he looks to use products at the forefront of the culinary world and Crown Maple is just that.

The announcement is part of a larger push to highlight products across the state, including cheeses from Cooperstown, Saratoga water and wine from the Finger Lakes.

“I’m always impressed with the products we have here in New York State and in the Hudson Valley and I like to share them with my friends,” said New York State Senator Charles Schumer.

National leaders will get a chance to enjoy Hudson Valley's finest after President Obama's swearing-in on January 21st

Source
    http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content...-inauguration/

That's just great. The knuckleheads had to go out and buy the most expensive syrup on the market (19.95 for 12oz ). Although China I'm sure was the one to pay for it so maybe this will open a new market for us all.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread