+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much gas?

Default How much gas?

I am getting an airablo 60 cfm vacuum pump with a 13 Hp honda gas pump. Does anyone know roughly how much gas this will use during a 24 hour period if I leave it on nonstop.
    2012 600 on buckets
    2013 3 x 13 Hurrican Force 5
    2013 1346 on new vacuum 300 +\- buckets
    2014 3300 on vac no more buckets!
    600 gallon expandable D&G

I just purchased a honda generator and honda pump and both of these engines had fuel amount ratings from Honda.I don't now how close they are as this is my first season with both.I would think that if you go to the honda web site that you may well find the fuel ratings for your pump.I would think that you will have to fill up as i don't think you will get 24 hours non stop on one tank unless its quite large.If you go on ebay they have fuel caps rigged up so you can connect another tank for extended run.You can get one for the generator i bought.I does not look like rocket science so you may well be able to make something for your pump.

A friend of mine has a airblo with a 13HP Honda and he found he could run it at half throttle and get the same vacuum level but used a lot less gas then at full throttle. There are times it has run 24hrs. I think it was burning 10-12 gallons in that time. Not cheap to run. We hooked up a six gallon boat tank to it.

A lot. With my liquid ring 75 cfm and honda 13 hp, I burn up to 15 gallons in 24 hours. Depends on sap flow and as suggested, if you can throttle back some. I still find it worthwhile. 3 extra gallons of commercial syrup will pay that gas bill for the day.

As mentioned it has a lot to do with the throttle setting. But it don't really matter how much gas it takes, you really need to run the highest level of vaccum that pump will produce at all times, even though at times this may be full throttle. BTW small engines like running a little lower rpms than what they are rated for, especially these pumps that run continously sometimes for days straight!!!!! Sam

I run 6.5 HP Hondas and connected 4.5 gal tanks to them. They get 14-17 hrs on a tank at about 1/2 throttle. I'd think the 13 will use about 2-2.1 times as much at half throttle. Be sure to change the oil often and check the oil every half day at the most. These are not rated to run 24/7 so you need to keep an eye on things.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

my surge sp22 vacuum pump has a 1 horse motor. I run it with a 5700 watt generator that has an 11 horse engine. My generator will use nearly 15 gallons of gas in 24 hours. ..of course the generator has automatic throttleand runs nearly wide open, so I cant throttle is down.
    3x12 drop flue.
    1000 taps on 24 inches of vacuum, and 200 buckets.
    Bought a used springtech 500 GPH RO
    Shooting for 29" of vacuum, less than 5 taps per line, and 2 quarts per tap.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lown-...4713586?ref=hl

Can't say about the gas, but we have a 60 cfm airablo electric and you are going to LOVE that pump!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday Rock Maple View Post
    Can't say about the gas, but we have a 60 cfm airablo electric and you are going to LOVE that pump!
    I dont even have it and I love it. lol
    3x12 drop flue.
    1000 taps on 24 inches of vacuum, and 200 buckets.
    Bought a used springtech 500 GPH RO
    Shooting for 29" of vacuum, less than 5 taps per line, and 2 quarts per tap.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lown-...4713586?ref=hl

+ Reply to Thread