+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vacuum pump has me confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We always could hear an air leak on our releaser when it was leaking but we had the pump in another building so the noise from the pump was not drowning out the vac leak noise. If it is a great big leak you may not be able to hear it. If you have valves for all your mainlines coming into the manifold, check and make sure they are all operating correctly. I've had valves break so that when I would turn the handle it would not close. I have never heard of vac pumps pushing air, they either pull vac or get wore out and pull less and less vac.

Sam

If you are getting vacuum without the releaser and then no vacuum with releaser it has to be the releaser.
    Thad

Is the releaser a cdl horizontal with the sliding gate valve for continuous vac? If so, the seals in the sliding gate valve are probably shot.
    Andy's Own Maple
    Andy Kinter (4th + generation maple producer)
    Approx 790 taps on vacuum

3x10 nat. gas fired raised flue small bros.
    600 gph Lapierre RO
    Fine collection of used bulk tanks
    Kubota MX5100 sap hauler
    2 hives (that I don't spend enough time on)
    A great family that works together to make syrup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andys...27718203945398
    http://photobucket.com/mapleack

yes its a cdl horizontal and i replaced those gaskets and the dump door gasket i've sealed off the upper chamber from the lower one with tape and only get 5hgs i used shaving cream to check for leaks thinking it would pull the shaving cream in where it was leaking but found nothing i will post pics in awhile first i have to change a flat tire on my truck then i will get pics maybe that will help everyone out a little more. Bad start to a good day already but its snowing out lol If there was another sugaring maker close to me that was willing i would hook it up to there pump to check releaser but theres not so i will get another pump and if no different i will have two pump and get releasers for them
    Last edited by cpmaple; 01-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    100 buckets for 09
    180 buckets for 2010
    300 on gravity and 300 buckets for 2011
    1000 total for 2012
    250 taps on shurflow pumps
    G.H.Grimm 3x10 raise flue auf
    snowmobile and grizzly 660 four wheeler
    8 beagles an 1 aussie shepherd for company
    and last a wonderful companion that lets me do all the stuff i love (maple sugaring) and doesnt ask questions!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc375/cpmaple/

I had a similar problem last year with my brand new releaser. What happened on mine was when the vacuum pump was turned on the vacuum would suck the cheap plastic shield inside the releaser and seal up the 3 inch hole stopping all vacuum from entering the releaser. I had to take this shield out and replace it with a thicker shield that would not bend. The better quality releasers have a thicker shield and white plastic bushings to keep the shield about 3 inches away from the hole. This might be what's happening to you.

Spud

it worked fine mid season last year then i stop being able to get vac to releaser. I thought pump was junk but me being me tried it this season to see what when wrong since i got mad last year with it and ran just gravity when it happened. Like i note proior (sp) i will get pics in a while and show everyone when running it was pulling 22.5 to 23 hgs at the releaser
    100 buckets for 09
    180 buckets for 2010
    300 on gravity and 300 buckets for 2011
    1000 total for 2012
    250 taps on shurflow pumps
    G.H.Grimm 3x10 raise flue auf
    snowmobile and grizzly 660 four wheeler
    8 beagles an 1 aussie shepherd for company
    and last a wonderful companion that lets me do all the stuff i love (maple sugaring) and doesnt ask questions!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc375/cpmaple/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12