+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Crown Maple

i live 10 mintes from crown maple very excited to go visit it in the next week or two!!!

Their final product is no different from thousands of other producers. It relies on expensive and unnecessary marketing, most of which is unreliable and not evidence based. Crown Maple could make a significant contribution to the Maple Syrup Industry in New York. I hope their financial association to the industry leads to advances in meaningful scientific, manufacturing and sugar bush advances. Their recent trend towards alienating local maple producers does not forecast well.

Folks, come on... we all know pork and maple go well together :-)

This story gets more and more interesting... Crown Maple is also tied into Hudson Valley Economic Development Corporation (HVEDC). Chuck Schumer is again involved.

This group just got 3.4 million dollars to help build a building at the Culinary Institute of America to help farmers market products to large companies. But it was also somehow pitched as a disaster relief effort. Again, the local village paper has an interesting article trying to get to the bottom of how exactly this will help farmers, where this money is going, where it's coming from, and the network of political connections behind it all. I'm not sure I understand after reading it, but as we get our expanded operation up and running this year and have more product available, I will have to call these guys up and see what exactly is going on over there.

http://themillbrookindependent.com/n...rmers%E2%80%9D

Money goes to money,funny how the bigger you are,the more you get,small producer-hold your hand on your you know what,we can not make enough to even fill out the "required" red tape paper work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southfork Guest

I think Crown is benefiting sugarmakers by promoting modern technology and new markets for all of us. Nice to see job creation in the agriculture sector as well. I wish them the best.

I saw Crown Maple on this morning with Wake up with Al on the weather channel and just had to comment on Stephanie Abrams expression after downing a shot of his maple syrup it look like she got a after taste that was not so good I bet I could get a different expression on her face with some of my syrup
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

~ Karen ~

2012 - 10 taps, 1 turkey fryer - 169.5L sap 4.2 L syrup
    2013 - 23 taps, 2 turkey fryers - 748.5 L sap 17.56 L syrup

2014 - 22 taps, 509 L sap 12.5 L syrup
    2015 - 28 taps, 1093.75 L sap 25.1 L syrup
    2016 - 25 taps, 1223.5 L sap 28.25 L syrup
    2017 - 21 taps, 518.5 L sap 12.7 L syrup
    2018 - 28 taps, 2 turkey fryers & Denali 3 burner propane stove - 798L sap 16.9 L syrup
    2019 - 28 taps, 1409.5L sap 40.12L syrup

Sugar, Norway, Manitoba, Silver and Freeman Maples

Grabbed a quick screen shot.

taste.jpg

They should have giving them some Vermont Fancy.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567